Aren't the changes in the robbery rules questionable?

barrio ruler
Message added by Gore,

Constant toxicity in this thread. Will be handing punishments to whoever chooses to continue.

I've come across some of the new robbery rules and while reading it I thought it was a little silly to see this:
724e65c5200afc6d3f25bee3a1ce3314.png

This is ridiculous, nobody is going to take a far and long run just to rob someone then run ALL the way back. Not everyone wants to rob in their residential area at all times, there isn't even much to explain here. I'm sure we all know that this new change in the rule is insane, you might as well just restrict robbing someone at this point. You basically have to /report for robberies now and then again admins take forever to respond to reports.

Edited by carlos .
  • Upvote 14

I agree with this. It's a questional change/addition to the rules.

A well seasoned crew would put their effort into making an escape plan; which includes parking the getaway vehicle a little distance away if there is no designated driver.

Ban robberies at this point, because the rules are becoming more and more restrictive. Having to wait for staff for permissions to commit a robbery takes the fun out of it. It restricts roleplay, heavily. And targets are unreliable. They could be online for 10 minutes, they could be online for 1 hour; but if you have to wait at least 30 minutes for a /report to be answered? Just delete your illegal character at that point.

It's a stupid rule and it should be removed or heavily changed.

Edited by CaffeineHigh
  • Upvote 7

I just knew this thread would come, and here's the real shocker...If players don't stop constantly robbing anything with a pulse with little to no effort or thought put into it and instead found something more creative to roleplay, there wouldn't be more restrictions. Civilians are tired of being seen as walking loot crates, this is the result and will continue to be the result if roleplay quality doesn't improve around robberies.

I don't wanna say we told ya so but...

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 17
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Moonsong said:

I just knew this thread would come, and hears the real shocker...If players don't stop constantly robbing anything with a pulse with little to no effort or thought put into it and instead found something more creative to roleplay, there wouldn't be more restrictions. Civilians are tired of being seen as walking loot crates, this is the result and will continue to be the result.

I don't wanna say we told ya so but...

You did call the response.  I concede 😁

• Thanks 1

It's not too bad.  It says "you run over to a location in order to mug someone".  That to me implies that it targets lame robberies where you park up then sprint to find the victim.  So you can still park up somewhere and roleplay a more realistic walk around.  Make some ACTUAL RP out of it (not just whacking civs for loot) and you should be fine?

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, MrGoGetta said:

Day light robbery in Melrose Los Angeles (Hawick/Vinewood Area)

thats what is realistic.

however on gtaw:
- every robbery scenario those who are performing a robbery look like a counter strike global offensive terrorist outfit

- if a shootout happens players will look for a reason to run after everyone and execute them instead of running away

- if you happen to shoot back while aimed at just like in the video you will get punished for some unknown reason

- the meta became so bad we need 50 layers of restrictions which is bad in itself as there isn't much to do on the illegal side that's fun

if i had to make a change in the rules i'd allow the cars or w/e back but RESTRICT the mask usage (not totally forbidden but rather reduced at least by 50%). so there is a real counter to it from law enforcement and more roleplay/development opportunities. i'd also work out the revenge killing rules to avoid rambo characters. least that's how i'd see it as being fair to everyone imho.

• Upvote 5

When criminal RP can contain themselves to not robbing every single human being they see in the street then rules like this won't be needed. We're not there, so we have rules to make the environment at least somewhat viable for non-criminals.

Edited by borhoi
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1