Why do police ignore any non action related call? What can be done to prevent it?

PeopleKind

15 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

This server has 30 homicides a day and you wonder why the cops can't/don't want to respond to body calls and other mundane matters that aren't an emergency?

In addition to the overwhelming amount of drive bys and shootings and cop killers, this is a RP server and very few people want to respond to a call that will lead nowhere. That's simply the facts. If you want to improve that, go ahead and make a LEO char and focus on those calls yourself. The last thing any functioning adult with a job wants is to come back home after 10h at work, hop on GTAW and start their second job.

We play to have fun.

Normally I wouldn't bother...but is your argument seriously that because you want to have fun, you can basically ignore calls and random events on the street while on duty as a cop?

21 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

Normally I wouldn't bother...but is your argument seriously that because you want to have fun, you can basically ignore calls and random events on the street while on duty as a cop?

It's not about ignoring the call. Some people are hesitant with responding to certain incidents when it's widely known that there's nothing that can be done because of game engine/LFM limitations. If a LEO player got 1 hour to enjoy the game he's going to do something more interesting that another corpse in the middle of the street, civilian dispute between two unrealistically immature "adults" or another perfect crime with zero evidence for investigators. No LEO player is forced to respond to a 911 call, and it should stay like that.

Edited by TBA
27 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

Yes, absolutely. If someone only has 1 hour to play you really think they want to spend it on a scene that will go nowhere?

Fun is the #1 reason to log in on gtaw. If you force people to do things they dislike they ll just log in less and you ll still be stuck with the 100 bodies.

You need to understand that calls being ignored is the symptom of the problem ( too much unrealistic crime, no investigative tools ), not the problem itself.

Nobody wants to feel like they wasted 1 hour of their lives.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

Even though people are supposed to treat the server seriously and realistically, it IS a game at the end of the day. Don't want to force people to do stuff like that all day. Some cops dont want to join SWAT or be involved in SWAT situations because they take a long long time of just standing around for the person they're about to breach to just log out..but people still do it sometimes.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

If you have a character that doesn't have a criminal record, let me know if you want to go on a ridealong and I'll show you all the dumb shit people in PD/SD have to deal with on a daily basis. After a couple hours, we'll see if you still have that same opinion.

Same offer goes to anyone in this thread complaining about LEO factions not attending the 23rd dead body that day. Feel free to PM me here or DM me on Discord.

• Upvote 3
21 minutes ago, Gore said:

Even though people are supposed to treat the server seriously and realistically, it IS a game at the end of the day. Don't want to force people to do stuff like that all day. Some cops dont want to join SWAT or be involved in SWAT situations because they take a long long time of just standing around for the person they're about to breach to just log out..but people still do it sometimes.

I hope the dude logging out chokes on a banana and slips from its peel. 

2 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

When I was RPing an LEO I made it my personal goal to respond to mostly the small stuff, because I noticed it first hand how often these small calls get ignored.

The interactions that PD/SD deal with are radically different from what the Rangers deal with on a daily basis. Fact of the matter is people in the county are far more likely to try and RP and talk, meanwhile in the city it's basically a coinflip if you're gonna get your head taken off if you try to pull someone over for driving an uninsured vehicle.

1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Yes, absolutely. If someone only has 1 hour to play you really think they want to spend it on a scene that will go nowhere?

Fun is the #1 reason to log in on gtaw. If you force people to do things they dislike they ll just log in less and you ll still be stuck with the 100 bodies.

Nobody wants to feel like they wasted 1 hour of their lives.

At least you're honest 😄  That's all from me!  (edited out some other stuff)

Edited by Paenymion

number 1 reason: it's a video game, we choose what is and isn't fun

other reason(s): i just don't agree with the whole ignoring non action calls at all, because it's just not true. there's numerous "action" calls that also get "ignored" simply because most LEO factions are stretched thin and it's simply not a good mindset to be rushing from call to call, it's not fun nor do u get any meaningful roleplay out of it for the one making the call or the responding unit. most of the time when calls are coming in that aren't being responded to, it's because we're already stuck on a scene that we can't leave unless we're clear to do so, which lasts longer than u think, this also goes for other situations by other LEOs and LEO factions alike

you are 100x more likely to get a unit responding to your call about a robbery, home invasion, hit and run, disturbing the peace, etc simply because it's dynamic and there's good roleplay to get out of it. you are far less likely to get a responding unit about a body in the middle of the road on Forum Drive simply because it's an identical call that's come in about 80 times the past few hours. the moment u arrive it's a dead case that leads to nowhere, so like the other 79 times, u don't have a choice but to regurgitate the same line to DMEC to collect the body. that's it. it's boring, it's a chore, there's nothing redeeming about it.

i can't comment about other situations because I roleplay a specialized unit, I don't respond to car accidents or vehicle thefts because it's not my job nor should I be responding to them in the first place. this is also another thing to consider that's related to my first paragraph. it's very very possible that the people that ARE able to respond to situations like car accidents or vehicle thefts are already tied up in possibly the same sort of situation, so like what I've said already, it's a matter of being too stretched thin

this may change in the future but atm, it's a problem that isn't easily fixable

Edited by kruga
  • Gore locked this topic