Why do police ignore any non action related call? What can be done to prevent it?

PeopleKind

17 minutes ago, Koko said:

I don't really think there's enough people out there to make up a third faction. I mean, SAPR is there, God bless, but we have a stable population to pull from, and at the end of the day what matters is mostly the people who remain in a faction long enough to make scenes (particularly non-emergency ones) enjoyable and effective. Boots and probies are fantastic for internal RP, but it takes a while for them to be fully operational, or often to even be able to grasp a scene that isn't described in a flow chart in their training manuals.

Our population is just tapped and the internal mobility is low. People who do Gang RP have been doing it for years and want to continue doing it (eventually a few of those may try a cop alt) and people who do Cop RP have been doing it for years and have no intention of stopping. There's very little wiggle room there to bring more people in without a boost to the overall population.

I'll be 100 with you, I've been in the SAPR. But they're so niche it's not even funny. The ideal road to go would be to get the SAHP added, so they can augment both PD & SD in terms of pure manpower on scenes. Basic scene security & management is universal. SAPR does not work as a faction on its own. It's far, far to niche and for the few times people go to a park for all of 15-30 minutes before they get bored & leave. It does, however, work flawlessly as a sub-division if it were to fall under the SAHP. There's plenty of people both in the PD & the LSPD who would love an SAHP. And who can blame them, SAHP aesthetically looks dapper as fuck, they've got alot of uniqueness to them, it'd be a breath of fresh air. Would help combat crime both generally, and in the county. Not to diss on the LSSD, but I have a feeling, and it's been backed up by LSSD people, 90% spend their time in davis, or gravitate towards it when the night progresses, and the buttfuckery gets worse & worse.  Leaving the county with minimal police presence. Not a jab at the SD, because they go where they're needed. If the county's quiet, but davis turns into a warzone again for the first time of the night, and they get told "We need help" then guess what, they're going down there to help put out the fires, and typically once they're down there, that's where they're staying. 

SAPR gets fucked by everyone in a position of power because of a fucked up notion that "Park rangers & game wardens aren't cops" when anyone who's done even 5 minutes of proper research knows they've got more power than local police IRL. To a point where they're the only "Law enforcement agency" in the county, that gets told they can't respond to 911 calls. No I'm not making that up, they're constantly getting thrown back & forth between "You're not leaving the parks" to "You can leave the parks" to "You can't do basic police work" to "You can now do basic police work". I quit 2 months in, cause there was zero enjoyment. 

Now more than ever, an SAHP is needed. Draw from veteran LSPD & LSSD members who know what they're doing, pull the SAPR people on board and make them a sub-division of SAHP, and bam. You've got a state police faction that can take over county policing if the LSSD gets swarmed, and once they're on their feet & their numbers swell a little, a 3rd state law enforcement agency that can provide manpower to the PD & SD respectively. 

Edited by Kenshi
  • Upvote 6
4 minutes ago, Kenshi said:

I'll be 100 with you, I've been in the SAPR. But they're so niche it's not even funny. The ideal road to go would be to get the SAHP added, so they can augment both PD & SD in terms of pure manpower on scenes. Basic scene security & management is universal. SAPR does not work as a faction on its own. It's far, far to niche and for the few times people go to a park for all of 15-30 minutes before they get bored & leave. It does, however, work flawlessly as a sub-division if it were to fall under the SAHP. There's plenty of people both in the PD & the LSPD who would love an SAHP.

Oh yeah, I was part of the first class of SAPR, you're 100% right, and I'm pretty sure a large chunk of SAPR has always wanted to be SAHP.

But echoing other thoughts here: the bar for entry to killing three people with a baseball bat you bought on your second day in the server is a lot lower than the weeks of training it takes to bring a cop up to the standards the server imposes to successfully arrest and process this same person.

It's just an intensely uphill battle.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Koko said:

the bar for entry to killing three people with a baseball bat you bought on your second day in the server is a lot lower

Adding to this: That doesn't only count on my second day on the server.

The same counts if I've been playing here for years- just that I'll know where to get a gun instead of a bat

1 minute ago, Koko said:

Oh yeah, I was part of the first class of SAPR, you're 100% right, and I'm pretty sure a large chunk of SAPR has always wanted to be SAHP.

But echoing other thoughts here: the bar for entry to killing three people with a baseball bat you bought on your second day in the server is a lot lower than the weeks of training it takes to bring a cop up to the standards the server imposes to successfully arrest and process this same person.

It's just an intensely uphill battle.

Honestly, that's how it is today IRL. 

Takes you 1 whole year of academy here to become a cop. Add another 6-12 months for pre-selection & recruitment.

Takes you all of 5 minutes to decide "Amma break the law."

The shame is that there's been proposals for an SAPH, but certain people in key spots, well call them "Powers that be" decided to overrule it & say it's not needed. So alas, never got further than that.

1 hour ago, Kenshi said:

There's plenty of people both in the PD & the LSPD who would love an SAHP.

And this is a big part of the problem, same as what happened to SAPR: we already have PD and LSSD. If these members love it or not is ultimately irrelevant because what's needed is new people. If SAHP was to be approved, the people tasked with building a working faction out of it would be, just as it was with SAPR, ex-members of PD/SD, and they'd initially see a lot of traction from people in their friend group, only for it to either fizzle away or become too similar to PD/SD to matter. It might bring back a couple old names that are no longer active in PD/SD back for a few months, but the larger RP community that isn't currently already doing LEO RP isn't more excited to try SAHP over any of the other LEO offerings (which is where SAPR had a better shot originally because their initial pitch was to capitalize on passive RP).

Edited by Koko
2 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

The amount of times police just ignore calls is ridiculous.

For example tonight a kid got stabbed and was bleeding out, so we called 911. FD arrived first, meanwhile literally 10 /different/ police cars (both marked & unmarked) drove by casually, completely ignoring the call. But the second shots are fired in the area? Half the cops on the server were right there. Same with most non violent calls, robbery calls, etc etc. It's a re-occurring issue & you see it every day, frankly its ridiculous.

It's clear most LEO's here ignore every call that doesn't result in immediate action such as pursuits or shootouts. They seem to only want action, which isn't fair to the regular civilian RPers that become victims due to suspects & criminals knowing nothing will happen because the police seemingly only exist to get into pursuits & shootouts.

Why does this happen & what can be done to prevent it? Police shouldnt be ignoring basic calls. This isn't a cops n robbers server, you cant just ignore the "boring" calls like this.

I haven't had trouble for actual situations where cops can take action. This being house robberies, active shootings, active fights (sometimes), and almost every time I call when I find a dead body.

Sometimes I have to seek out police and report things since they ignore my 911 call and continue to patrol around looking for some crime, they usually got involved then.

It's a mixed bag. Usually when I REALLY need cops, they're there. I do a lot of stuff around richer areas so I suppose it's more of an IC thing with rich and important people getting higher priorities versus some gang member dying from being stabbed.

Currently though, I don't think it's too bad. More important for me is the difficulty on finding police when you need them. No one seems to ever be at Mission Row and sometimes I have to drive around and find a patrolling cop and honk at them to get them to pull over and talk to them there.

There can be quite a few factors. Missing the call; getting on after it was called in, or as priorly mentioned - responding to something else.

Hopefully, the introduction of dispatchers in PD can help to counteract the first two, and direct more resources. If you know a cop can see/hear you screaming for help and is ignoring you, you should report them to their respective faction. It can be a sign of poor quality and would be looked into. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Shortyz said:

Answer to this question is very simple, they're too busy provoking gangs so the situation can turn into a shootout. Highly held OSS blasting crip songs at a function with majority there warring crips, making sure all 80+ people can see their /megaphone as they keep purposely driving inbetween everyone.

oss are not the issue mate

• Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic