Why do police ignore any non action related call? What can be done to prevent it?

PeopleKind

This is a very interesting topic. I think everything has mostly been touched upon by now.

I used to be in FD and it was impossible to meet the call demand. When night falls, it becomes incredibly stressful. You go from call-to-call nonstop to the point where you have to take a break. This can also lead to a fast burnout if you don't watch out. As for LEOs, the current call volume is simply unmanageable, as has already been reiterated a few times.

I have experienced a few situations in the past in which I called 911 and police cruisers simply drove by. I try not to read too much into it. It could be due to multiple reasons. Maybe they're tied up with another assignment; you never know. It's best not to assume.

My only LEO experience is in San Fire, which is quite a departure from the two main LEO factions on the server: PD and SD. A lot of it is passive roleplay, which I particularly enjoy, especially roleplay in the office. There is nothing more satisfying, I find, than having someone conduct an interview with an applicant while a colleague brews you a coffee while you're conducting a fire investigation. In San Fire, we don't respond to 911 calls unless they are fire-related or if another law enforcement agency requests our assistance, usually San Andreas State Parks. We also don't patrol like PD or SD do. At best, we conduct fire watch patrols in the State Parks, mainly focused on fire prevention. That said, if we do witness a crime, we do act and enforce the Penal Code.

I hope this helps. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Jolagh said:

So it is simply a capacity issue and volume issue

Yay and nay. The type of call you respond to depends on what kind of unit you are, the area you’re in, your current tasking, other on-going calls and your own discretion as a player. Low priority calls are fun and all, and they absolutely add color to your patrol and generally offer that roleplay you’d typically be looking for. But people will call in a non violent domestic disturbance while a mass casualty active shooter just wiped out 15 people on a sidewalk with two officers gunned down in the getaway. With panic alarms going off left and right and a supervisor calling all hands, are you really going to say “hang in chief, Susie just called in to complain about her ex boyfriend”? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2
  • Gore locked this topic