How to avoid being harassed by gangsters IC! (A guide!)

Decker

2 hours ago, CertifiedKiller said:

people can live in the hood and not be gang bangers too y'know

Finally.

Exactly, what's this misconception that being in the hood is an automatic way for you to get robbed or that you have to bang?

I have a character you could consider fully legal, she was living in Chamberlain Hills for months. Never had an issue except some dude not taking "no" for an answer when trying to get her number, that's all.

1. Make it clear you're a local.

2. Make it clear IC'ly that whatever is happening is none of your business.

3. Be respectful. Don't get mad over shit that's considered normal in the hood.

4. People. Get to know them. If your character smokes, buy from a local dealer and be consistent, no business with the opps.

5. Don't call the cops in front of other locals. If a local gives you trouble, bring it up to the others.

6. If you do talk to the cops, don't give a statement in front of the locals. 🤦‍♂️

Being a non-affiliated local in a gang neighborhood doesn't have to be you running full sprint past everyone to get to your apartment before anyone even has a chance to interact with you. That's sus as fuck and will get you, your place, and your pockets ran thoroughly.

Trouble will always come eventually, I was lucky, but this will sure help not to dive head first into that trouble.

Edited by Mistery14
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Mistery14 said:

Finally.

Exactly, what's this misconception that being in the hood is an automatic way for you to get robbed or that you have to bang?

I have a character you could consider fully legal, she was living in Chamberlain Hills for months. Never had an issue except some dude not taking "no" for an answer when trying to get her number, that's all.

1. Make it clear you're a local.

2. Make it clear IC'ly that whatever is happening is none of your business.

3. Be respectful. Don't get mad over shit that's considered normal in the hood.

4. People. Get to know them. If your character smokes, buy from a local dealer and be consistent, no business with the opps.

5. Don't call the cops in front of other locals. If a local gives you trouble, bring it up to the others.

6. If you do talk to the cops, don't give a statement in front of the locals. 🤦‍♂️

Being a non-affiliated local in a gang neighborhood doesn't have to be you running full sprint past everyone to get to your apartment before anyone even has a chance to interact with you. That's sus as fuck and will get you, your place, and your pockets ran thoroughly.

Trouble will always come eventually, I was lucky, but this will sure help not to dive head first into that trouble.

This is a really good point right here. Most people in most 'hoods' irl are just regular people and they're unlikely to be victimized for no reason just because they're honest people. The key is that they're local. If your character is genuinely local to the area and you roleplay as such, even if you're a civilian, they're unlikely to be bothered unless you just have a terrible faction in that area. 

If your character isn't local, be careful in that hood. They're hoods for a reason. But if they are local, roleplay accordingly and I doubt you'll have problems.

Of course this does take some common sense to be able to roleplay a certain level of street smarts, as pointed out here. But generally just mind your own business and get to know some people and you'll be fine. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Stormy Monday said:

How to avoid being harassed by gangsters IC! (A guide!)

Step 1: Avoid South Central

I mean I know the response isn't serious but unironically yes, if your character has no business in South Central don't go visit it like it's a zoo or to see "what's going on down there".

Sounds obvious but it isn't to all, considering the amount of non hood chars loitering at the LTD, or people who drive deep into the hood, to a tiny restaurant (whose IRL equivalent likely has bulletproof glass at the takeout window) just because it's open.

Visiting the hood if you're smart and respectful about it and you know hood dynamics is fine, if you don't, you'll likely get pressed.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Large Hazard said:

This is a really good point right here. Most people in most 'hoods' irl are just regular people and they're unlikely to be victimized for no reason just because they're honest people. The key is that they're local. If your character is genuinely local to the area and you roleplay as such, even if you're a civilian, they're unlikely to be bothered unless you just have a terrible faction in that area. 

If your character isn't local, be careful in that hood. They're hoods for a reason. But if they are local, roleplay accordingly and I doubt you'll have problems.

Of course this does take some common sense to be able to roleplay a certain level of street smarts, as pointed out here. But generally just mind your own business and get to know some people and you'll be fine. 

this makes sense in theory but a lot of gangs on this server have a "if you're not with us ur against us" mentality, even when it comes to locals. like most mexican gangs on here are nK even though (most of the time) its inaccurate portrayal, so if you're roleplaying a white or black local you're inevitably going to get pressed the moment u leave ur house. everyone wants to get in on humiliating somebody and running their pockets, and refuse to even acknowledge that the person they're hustling might live next to them

dnt get me wrong im sure you and your faction dont needlessly press locals but i think its naive to pretend this level of community rp is viable on the server in its current state

the only actual thing you can do to not get harassed is to build up repertoire with the gangs u live near, either through discord (notifying them tht ur a local), or thru IC means, but that seldom works. the best strat is dont go near gang members to begin with

Edited by realitysurf
12 hours ago, dionkoffie said:

It's usually that I'm the one being approached by 'gang members'.

Few days ago I was minding my business on my own gated property when a (M) ''gangbanger'' hopped the fence, approached me and was like '' Yo G nice crib cuzz u selling bruh?''

It's cringe like that that makes me just log off right on the spot. 

most likely trying to buy the house for their faction, which is needed sometimes but I feel u