How to avoid being harassed by gangsters IC! (A guide!)

Decker

Hello GTA World! I have noticed that some players in the legal community have been having a hard time with these pesky illegal roleplayers! Don't worry, I'm here to save you.  I have formed together a comprehensive list that goes over all the ways that one could be harassed by gangsters (On Facebrowser and in game)

Don't throw up gang signs (On Facebrowser or in game)

One surefire way to get on a gang's "Harass, rob or beat" list is to throw up their signs! Each sign in /anim gangsign20-100 is tied to a specific gang, who would probably fuck you up in real life for throwing up their sign, each of those specific gangs also has a rival (Many of whom exist on the server). Avoid /anim gangsign apart from the harmless ones (Westside handsign and the heart sign).

Dkoknktk Kk ykokukrk lkektktkekrs lkikek tkhkikis.

Some characters think that this is trolling, but it's really the easiest way to get fucked up or harassed. With the title of this section, I have just dissed at least 5+ different gangs by claiming that I am a killer of those gangs. Let me break it down a little more.

K= Killer

Whichever letter is before the K = The name of the gang that the poster is killing.

Therefore "Whkekrkek ykokuk atk hkokmkekbkokyk" actually has double meanings in the gang underworld. It says "Where you at homeboy" but the K's also stand for something else. Allow me to break down all of the gangs dissed with this statement.

Wk = White Fence Killer / Wanderers Killer / Any Other Gang with a W Killer

Hk = Hoover Or Harpy Killer

Ek = Eighteen / East Coast Crip Killer

Rk = Rebels / Rancho / Rockwood Killer

Mk = Mad Swan Bloods Killer / MS13 Killer / Main Street Crip Killer / Mexican Killer

Nk = N-Word Killer / Neighborhood Crip Killer / North Hollywood Boyz Killer

Ok = Neighborhood Crip Killer

Bk = Blood Killer

Uk = Underground Crip Killer

TK = Tramp (Gangster Crip) Killer / Traviesos Gangsters Killer 

Pk = Piru Killer / Playboys Killer / Puente Killer / Many More P gangs Killer

The list could go on and on because there's a gang for every letter in the alphabet.

Notice that most of these "K's disrespect more than one street gang at a time. It should be fair to say that King these letters on Facebrowser might end with your poor innocent civvie character being threatened or attacked!

So unless your character is a killer of all of these gangs I have just named, they should probably steer clear of K'd letters apart from in words where the K belongs (Ex: I'm back)

Don't Dress Gangster IC

Wearing baggy clothes, shorts with long socks, baggy flannel jackets, clothing (like hats and jackets) with letters (For example P or M) or jerseys with certain numbers (13, 18 all the way to 100+) is very dangerous in places like Los Angeles, and it's also dangerous in Los Santos.

Often if your character is dressed like this and goes around an area where gangs frequent, he or she is going to be questioned about where they're from. If they're smart enough to say they don't bang, they're most likely going to be asked why they're dressed like that and be victimized anyway. In the gang underworld, if you look like one of them, they're going to treat you like one of them, and that doesn't often go down well. Your best bet is to avoid the gangster look unless your character is a gangster!

It's also worth noting that many in game tattoos (Mostly the modded ones that Nervous added) have ties to street gangs, so you might get in trouble if you get a black hand, the number 13, XIII or "Los Santos 13" or a swastika tattooed on yourself. Players should know what tattoos they're getting, because no random in Los Angeles IRL is going to tattoo a very well known known prison gang logo on their chest, and if they do, they're asking for trouble.

If your character's a perpetrator and just likes the clothes that's cool too, but just accept that you're going to get asked "Where you from" and attacked a lot.

Don't harass gang members in public IC.

I'll use a story of mine to break this tip down.

My character (A gang leader) was hanging out in Hawick, the place where his gang (Hawick Criminals Salvatruchas 13) was situated. He was talking to a fellow street thug on Hawick Avenue when two civilian characters showed up and butted into the conversation. They heard my character mention a red ragging street gang that he had crossed paths with, the civilian rudely butted in and told my character to get "all that gang talk away from Vinewood" and said something about not needing this "gang banging monkey shit" in Vinewood. While the character's opinion is perfectly valid, perhaps he should have thought twice about confronting a dude with face tattoos, because as soon as he said "Monkey shit", he had just dissed my character's gang (MS13) unknowingly and a brawl commenced, ending with one of the white characters involved got stabbed in the stomach IC.

Could this situation have been avoided? I'll leave that up to you to decide, but in my opinion, the answer is yes, because personally if I was getting out of my car in an area covered with graffiti and saw two gangbangers standing on the sidewalk talking, I'd put my head down and walk straight past them, I wouldn't try to involve myself in their conversation.

Understand Los Santos and the environment that the gangs are portraying

Los Santos is portrayed as a city that's heavily plagued with gangs just like its real life counterpart. You have Bloods, Crips, MS13 and Surenos all throughout South Central. Terror Town 13 in Vespucci, Skinheads in Vespucci, Asian gangs in Vespucci, Surenos in Del Perro, MS13, Bloods and Crips in Vinewood, Asian & Latino Gangs have a history of being in Little Seoul, and also previous gang presence in Mirror Park. Some might not agree OOC with the placement of some of the gangs, but at the end of the day it's realistic. There's really skinheads at LA beaches, there's really Latino gangs in the middle class suburbs of Venice, Santa Monica, Hollywood and Echo Park, and they're all very much alive today too, so at the end of the day, regardless of what you think about them, they're still there and should be acknowledged.

Tips And Tricks Summary

If your character is a shitposter, maybe shit post mostly to other legal roleplayers who care that it's a joke, because your average gang member isn't going to care that your character's just joking and may actually do something to him or her

If you get confronted by gang bangers IC, roleplay proper fear and don't disrespect them further, maybe they'll let you off the hook if your character keeps his or her mouth shut.

Don't confront random bangers IC because your character overheard a pair of thugs talking

Don't "K" your letters on Facebrowser unless you're character is a super cholo or super crip/super blood/super hoover

Don't wear gang-affiliated clothing

Don't speak on gang politics IC if your character isn't involved in them (As in a member of a street gang)

Don't try to tell gang members IC about their gang or territory

Don't mistake every gang member IC for someone from Davis, gangs are all over the city IC, from South LS to Vinewood to Del Perro.

Don't be racist IC to them unless you like being beaten up.

Conclusion

All in all, I hope this comprehensive guide helps my fellow roleplayers with keeping their characters out of harm's way. You may thank me later.

Also, please do not get toxic on this thread! This is not a troll post, it has been done with the intention of helping legal roleplayers understand why they may have been attacked by street thugs, and to help them in the future if they want to stop being attacked. Please keep any discussion going on here civil!

Edited by Decker
  • Upvote 31
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, CaffeineHigh said:

Uh-huh, uh-huh... (I totally didn't read most of this topic.)

So what about the "wannabe" gangsters who keep trying to add legal characters on Facebrowser (even when it doesn't make sense. Like, come on, stop adding random people as friends.)

that's not what this topic is about and if you don't want gang members adding you on Facebrowser, don't accept them. Also, if you don't think gang members add civilians on social media IRL you're high.

At the end of the day gang members are human beings too, and they tend to follow/add people on social media for various reasons. I once had a member of a Crip gang add me on Instagram and start talking to me all because I clicked like on a picture on Instagram that was posted on one of those "gang graffiti" pages.

Now if some gangbanger is gonna add and talk to someone from literally the other side of the world, what makes you think they're not gonna add someone from the same city as them? Especially if it's a female that they find attractive?

Edited by Decker
  • Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, Decker said:

I agree. We are roleplayers not criminals and civilians.

its like sopranos-esque levels of shitposting but overall it’s a good guide. something important to really drive home is to know your audience so to speak, if your character is from a certain demographic or background with limited exposure then poking the proverbial bear anonymously over FB is one thing but to continue to do it in person is another. 

that said i also find some of the wanton criminality occurring within the countryside to be crazy, like people upset that they flock up from the city and r met by a 2nd amendment wielding homeowner just protecting their land or their neighbor n believe that isn’t good rp. very poor mentality.

it’s also pretty important 4 people to remember that bein in a gang doesnt make you superhuman or superior, just inherently more dangerous as a result of a lack of respect for the rules laid out in society. this issue is endemic on both sides of the coin

Edited by radreaper100
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
4 minutes ago, radreaper100 said:

its like sopranos-esque levels of shitposting but overall it’s a good guide. something important to really drive home is to know your audience so to speak, if your character is from a certain demographic or background with limited exposure then poking the proverbial bear anonymously over FB is one thing but to continue to do it in person is another. 

that said i also find some of the wanton criminality occurring within the countryside to be crazy, like people upset that they flock up from the city and r met by a 2nd amendment wielding homeowner just protecting their land or their neighbor n believe that isn’t good rp. very poor mentality.

This isn't a shitpost it's actually a genuine post because I've noticed that some legal rpers don't particularly understand some of the reasons a few of them have been attacked or targeted on an IC level so I decided to break it down for them.

I can't speak for what's going on in the countryside because I know nothing, but generally I as an illegal character avoid the countryside so that might be why.

Edited by Decker
  • Upvote 1