Lower sentences for females [Main Discussion/Suggestion Updated]

I would like to go against this idea, I'm sorry. This is mainly because LEOs could see a rise in crimes committed by females mainly because they'll know they'll get reduced sentences.

We could have two concessions;

- Allow females to integrate with the male population. Unrealistic, sure but if that means they will finally have fun in TTCF and no longer suffer from the lack of female prisoner population then I'm all for it personally.

- Leave it up to LEO's discretion in certain charges if they want to give reduced sentence or not. Certain charges such as resisting arrest, reckless driving rather than Murder, Assault on a GOV employee, etc.

I would like to ask other fellow users to explain why they are against the idea rather than saying only "no". 🙂

I'm chuckling from all the comments that says people will turn their character into female if this is implemented XD I'm very dissapointed.

Anyway, while I don't agree with the time reduction, I agree with the male female integration. As someone above me said, it's not realistic, but everything about GTAW is always semi-realistic as long as there's RP.

4 hours ago, CaffeineHigh said:

If less than 3-5 players are in that respective pod, then time should go down 3x (or 5x?) as fast.
If 3-5 or more players are in that respective pod, then time should pass as normally (with 3x as fast with roleplay).

To clarify, the reduction should only occur when the player is online - same as it goes with having to roleplay when logged in to reduce time.

This seems like a much better solution than essentially breaking the in-character world by tossing "equal rights" out the window and applying different jail sentences based on ones gender, or having a rather unrealistic mix of males and females within the jail system that will inevitably lead to some weird people doing really weird things to one another. It would not only assist the female pod suffering from lacking numbers to actively roleplay with, but also those playing off peak where there is rarely anyone to interact with.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, EAST LOS MARVELOUS said:

“don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time” - shut upppppp lmao it’s a fucking game, y’all act like illegal roleplayers are minecraft griefers ruining the experience for other players. you’re literally playing on a game called grand theft auto. 

homie u be surprised by how many people consider ic criminals to be "ooc griefers", issa sad world

This is great because i can just tell them im a transgender woman during questioning (They must agree with me or they are transphobes ) and get put in the female pod with a reduced sentence,  definetly a +1 from me! what a great suggestion

• Upvote 1

In the space of 12 hours, this discussion really did go down the pits quickly. From the knarly side comments, to the extreme polar opposites of opinion, to some really quite visceral and abrasive attacks on people based on their profile pictures. Incredible stuff.

I think in a weird way however this is probably a good thing. Everybody is lobbing ideas and opinions around and while I personally don't believe that reduced sentences for women is the answer (based on the fact that at any one time demographics can fluctuate, perhaps even because of sentences being reduced) we have certainly highlighted a point that is a hot talking point and is certainly rubbing people up the wrong way.

The Sheriff's Department has a new faction leader at present and ultimately, in-house decisions (such as the amalgamation of genders into one block) would lie with him. Good luck with that one @Strobe.

Honestly, it's a tricky scenario and I'm certainly not sure of what the fix is for the roleplay availability disparity. I just feel that reducing sentences for the minority is a dangerous game to play.

• Upvote 1

as someone with a character who semi-consistently ends up in jail, I agree that something has to be done about Pod B.

it's an a-jail; the lack of players in Pod B makes it so there's literally no roleplay for the duration of your sentence.

i'm not sure how this has gone untouched for years since it's a glaring issue.

there are no guards, there are no inmates. there are insufficient players at any given point in time in pod B.

sentences can run 3+ ooc days, with the only option being to spam /me's (bannable).

reduce the times, force personnel to man the jails (as expected...), or resort to other healthier solutions.

i'd like to think GTAW wants people to play actively and not log off and stay offline for X days. 

I've served a 14 day jail sentence by myself in TTCF once, I understand the issue. However, I do not think lowering charges for female characters is the way to go. Imagine you lower times by 50%, suddenly Davis is 80% women!  

Few ideas: 

- Make more female lifer/jail characters to boost RP in their pod

- Have the time go by 3x quicker when the pod is empty with no other inmates/guards, even if you do not RP.

• Upvote 1