Would you play a permadeath/hardcore server?

Sebz

Would you play a permadeath server?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I’ve thought on this for a while. What if GTAW had a permadeath server in which every death was a CK. Imagine the immersion and how much care would be put into every event. Of course there would be DM and other issues which would muddy the waters, but reports could and would be the only way to overturn CKs. Would you play? I’d like to see it happen even if only a “test” with a copy of the main script.

To be clear, this wouldn’t replace the main server with PKs and CKs. Just an alternative.

Edited by Sebz
  • Upvote 1

I haven’t voted yet - but what about a server that emphasizes injuries from being shot. Say you get shot in the leg over stepping on shoes and then you can’t walk for a period of time etc?

Of course I’ll counter my own argument by saying everyone will just go for headshots

• Applaud 1

All my characters so far have been one-life even when living in gang areas so I think it'd be interesting for others to have the same stakes. It really does shape how you approach things and makes your badass moments feel more badass if you really know there's no turning back.

• Upvote 3

I wouldn't want to play on a server where CKs are forced to be honest. At least here, I'm in control whether I want to CK or not depending on the situation unless I have a CK request on me which minimizes me losing my character with over 1000 hours for no good reason.