Would you play a permadeath/hardcore server?

Sebz

Would you play a permadeath server?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You don't need an entirely new server to test this, you can try this out here for 24 hours and see how horribly it is going to be.

It's already bad enough as is with the number of deathmatching cases and CK appeals continuously going through the roof, and the majority of killers acting like vicious sociopaths who won't think twice before putting a bullet through someone's forehead without properly portraying the consequences and the overall aftermath of taking a life.

Making every kill permanent won't fix any of this, instead, it's just going to piss the community off, as hundreds and thousands of hours would be invested into characters only for them to be taken away because someone has got such a fragile ego they can't stand being confronted publicly because somehow that tarnishes their reputation like they're some sort of celebrity who need the whole city to respect them in order to survive.

For something of this nature to ever take place, the community would have to be trusted first, and by that I mean to have enough good sense and be able to always explore other alternatives rather than killing as first resort, but unfortunately, I don't think we are nowhere near that point. 

I get to enjoy the benefit that in such an environment, my character Johnny Killinger can't really die, not in any way that matters with the current GTAW meta. If we suddenly adopted a permakill meta, I'd do what other criminals do - Johnny Killinger would just be replaced with carbon copy Jimmy Murderinger, same personality, random appearance, and a randomly generated name. The concept survives and everyone with a connection pretends he's always been there. EZPZ.

The people who are fully agreeing with this probably don't realize how bad this could be. Considering there are many terrible roleplayers in this game, you'd probably get killed for a very minor altercation and then you get cked. It's only going to give more work for admins because just like @AnthonyCourtneysaid nobody wants to get RKed then appeal the CK afterwards. The CK appeal section would pile up heavily.

I will say that this would be cool but there is always going to be that one deathmatcher that will ruin it for everybody.

At the end of the day, it all depends on the RP you do and who you involve yourself with. Most of my characters were played for over a year and were often interacting directly with gangs on a daily basis and none of them were ever PKed, and when they got killed, I CKed. As long as you act reasonably and show regard for your character's life as a regular dude, you can live a long life easily.

For gangs, it'd be a different story, because there's an OOC PvP meta element involved, but I actually think it'd be a lot more interesting and leading to organic beefs if everyone risks a CK, and we'd likely see less gunfights and more brawls.

It's never happening though.

• Upvote 1

I came from HL2RP and it was pretty much permadeath. If you died, it was a CK (unless you died to some horseshit). Only problem is that people tend to appeal for this and P2W even harder just so they can stay alive.

I remember standing next to some guy that was armed in some stinky basement and the 'cops' busted inside and shot up everyone. 24 CK's filled the chat feed, it was a great time in 2014.

I haven't been PK'd once and the answer is still no.

My previous character rolled her eyes at someone and he flashed a gun and said watch the attitude, and tried to escalate it more. 
During small talk, btw, not a robbery, nothing hostile until that point. 

Fuck no I would not play on such a server, if this is the community on it.

• Upvote 1