Would you play a permadeath/hardcore server?

Sebz

Would you play a permadeath server?  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would, but only if the server was invite only. Not a whitelist, invite only.

I came from chatroom and HTML rolepplay and that was all one life, die and get killed sort of shit. Of course where I was there was no script death or accidental bug death, it was all writing and storyline. Collaborative sort of beat where you were working with or against people as a group. There getting killed was an event, something relatively rare and people put a LOT into it, both the person killing you and the people mouring your character.

If I could have people who put the same weight into it, the same thought and quality? I'd absolutely play a one life GTA server and I'd love it. But you wouldn't find enough people to fill the block, much less the city and the arguments that arise from script fighting would be constant. I don't think it's viable at all.

But if it was....Man that'd be something.

I've always loved this sentence from Blizzard "you think you do but you don't", which hugely backfired at them. However, after seeing during 7 years what happens with CK wars and CKs in general, this is definitely the type of sentence I would say. You think you want one on paper until you realize that each CK = one report where the player will never stop harassing you because he spent weeks / months / years on this character. Put that on factions, and it's month longs report wars, insults, death threats, doxxing at every CK wars, every single one of them was an horrible shitshow to manage in 7 years. I hate CK wars due to it whereas I loved it as a player.

This would definitely work on a server made by a large community of friends. Friends. Not random internet strangers.

I know this thread is coming to evaluate the players opinion on it because another server is slowly dying and some players are trying to convince them it would be a good idea to turn it into a full CK server : it definitely wouldn't. They just need to really work on their server and they'll get more players than a permadeath server which would turn every admins into a mentally broken person after a few weeks.

I'd play it but it would need to be a lot stricter, for example if someone gets in to a fight over something that was basically forced then dies (either by a misclicked or being stomped out) then it shouldn't be a perma death, other than that yeah

On 7/31/2023 at 4:56 AM, Frakkennewguy said:

I would, but only if the server was invite only. Not a whitelist, invite only.

I came from chatroom and HTML rolepplay and that was all one life, die and get killed sort of shit. Of course where I was there was no script death or accidental bug death, it was all writing and storyline. Collaborative sort of beat where you were working with or against people as a group. There getting killed was an event, something relatively rare and people put a LOT into it, both the person killing you and the people mouring your character.

If I could have people who put the same weight into it, the same thought and quality? I'd absolutely play a one life GTA server and I'd love it. But you wouldn't find enough people to fill the block, much less the city and the arguments that arise from script fighting would be constant. I don't think it's viable at all.

But if it was....Man that'd be something.

Yeah this would be good, you need to be noticed on the main server before joining or something like that

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Nervous said:

I know this thread is coming to evaluate the players opinion on it because another server is slowly dying and some players are trying to convince them it would be a good idea to turn it into a full CK server : it definitely wouldn't. They just need to really work on their server and they'll get more players than a permadeath server which would turn every admins into a mentally broken person after a few weeks.

Hmm, this is actually news to me. I wasn’t aware that this idea was going around in other communities. For me permadeath is more of a fever dream that I know will never be possible le due to the delicate nature of it. Unfortunately the internet as we know it has some fatal flaws that will make for a nightmare of an experience trying to pull this off. Of course I still fantasize about what could be. Imagine a permadeath server with a bunch of level headed folks who could kill for the right reasons. It would be the icing on the cake.

Maybe GTA6 will bring some mature folks to the text based RP scene. Permadeath in Miami? 👀

i voted yes cause i misread "would you play on a gtaw dm server" then i realized it was a CK only roleplay concept. if thats the case then its a "no" from me. its big enough drama with PKs imagine what it'd be with CK only. most players here already play on a "hardcore" mindset that they CK immediately when they die. you dont really need a special server for it.

however, i'd probably play on such server but not to roleplay, to dm tbh.