• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Sterren

RAGE Multiplayer 1.1 | Modding Guide!

Sterren    32
Posted (edited)

[GUIDE] RAGE Multiplayer 1.1/0.3.7 how to mod!

RAGE Multiplayer published their new launcher, along came the awaited for SYNC update 1.1, unfortunately for us mod fanatics it broke our way of modifying our game  through the usage of add-ons, that you were able to install in your server-files.

Well fear not, there's a method that allows you to modify your game, it's a little extra work! But it pays off in the long run.

I won't be explaining this in detail, even someone with no technical experience will be able to do this.

Ensure you have these two installed on your PC!
OpenIV.com
• https://gtaforums.com/topic/871168-affix-fix-your-rpf-archives-and-work-without-openiv/
• https://www.upload.ee/files/11677800/Archive_Fix__GTA_V_.7z.html  (Use this one if the above doesn't work)

⚠️ WARNING! Always backup your game files! Not everything is ensured to work flawlessly and some mods simply won't work! I am not responsible for you breaking your game files. Also, modloader is not SUPPORTED.
Be aware! This method only works for the Steam & Epic Games version! If using the Epic Games version, ensure that your auto-update is unchecked!

Let's jump to the guide:
Open your OpenIV, if this is the first time using OpenIV, it's basically a file explorer to modify your GTA 5 with. follow it's steps to assign your GTA 5 folder.
Should look like this once finished:
y1dOyCq.png

Second step is obvious, your mod installation, and I am not gonna instruct you how to install your mod, the mod you've downloaded instructs you on how to install it. Follow the mods instruction of installation TIP enable edit mode in OpenIV, do not use any automated installations such as OIV's.
What you do have to take note of is how many .RPF's are in your path of installation a RPF looks like this.

LFezVfD.png

Final step, ARCHIVEFIX!
The most important step is to ArchiveFIX all .RPF files that were in your path, don't forget this step as ArchiveFIX solves the entire issue of it not working on RAGE Multiplayer, and other Multiplayer clients. /Make sure when you fix any RPF's that you fix the ones inside of a RPF first/

xKQEklp.png
Ensure to archive fix in this order <- there could be multiple RPF files in your path.

Video Guide [If you don't understand a lap of text]

⚠️ WARNING! Always backup your game files! Not everything is ensured to work flawlessly and some mods simply won't work! I am not responsible for you breaking your game files. Also, modloader is not SUPPORTED.

⚠️ WARNING! GTA V updates can and will break your mods, ensure to keep your files near you to re-do the installation if this does occur!

⚠️ WARNING! RAGE Multiplayer 1.1 does not support DLCPacks or Add-ons of any kind, nor can you install your modifications in the server-files anymore, this is all done through the root of your GTA V! All modifications should replace original GTA V files.

Edited by Sterren
Added a extra archivefix download link! Plus some small changes
  • Upvote 8
  • Applaud 2

Sterren    32
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

GG

Fixing the vid. So that'll be back in a short minute ^-^

Fixed! Removed the music 😞

Edited by Sterren
  • Upvote 1

Tennplugg    200

This method will only work for the Steam version of the game, not the retail afaik. 

Sterren    32
Just now, Tennplugg said:

This method will only work for the Steam version of the game, not the retail afaik. 

Thanks for the mention, that's indeed the case.

• Upvote 1

Infinity    9

I trust you but with my luck I will break my game without any doubt. 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

Jennie    86

You can also use the search tab to find out where the original file is located, for example:

LA_ROADS

LEFT: LA ROADS Addon

Right: Original RPF file where the file is located.

image.thumb.png.1a6a8aff269adf07930147323e5f67f2.png

But this mod contains many files, some of them are located in the same RPF but in different folders.

• Applaud 1

mencurry    0

I learnt some times ago that I need to archivefix every .rpf, not just the main one. For example, in one of the x64 rpf there's gonna be a vehicle.rpf, I had to export the vehicle.rpf and archive fix those too, and archive fix the x64.