Reconsider the decision (veto) to legalize weed

mj2002

Reconsider the veto on legislation to legalize weed  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We don't have enough money sinks. Let legal RPers who want to smoke weed have to pay a substantially higher amount for their government-approved weed from dispensaries, and let small-time dealers try and sell cheaper alternatives. 

In fact, allow certain people to get medicinal weed for free by RPing long-term medical scenarios with PHMC that aren't just a gunshot. Hell let them try and lie. This opens up scenarios for people to resell this fraudulent weed, but they've given a hospital actual specialized RP to do.

Like others have said, it's not like it's particularly thrilling to pedal through the city offering strangers drugs like you're an ice cream seller at the beach.

• Upvote 9
5 hours ago, Koko said:

We don't have enough money sinks. Let legal RPers who want to smoke weed have to pay a substantially higher amount for their government-approved weed from dispensaries, and let small-time dealers try and sell cheaper alternatives. 

In fact, allow certain people to get medicinal weed for free by RPing long-term medical scenarios with PHMC that aren't just a gunshot. Hell let them try and lie. This opens up scenarios for people to resell this fraudulent weed, but they've given a hospital actual specialized RP to do.

Like others have said, it's not like it's particularly thrilling to pedal through the city offering strangers drugs like you're an ice cream seller at the beach.

Even for PHMC patients if this ever comes in, it won't be free. I'm not a fan of the fact healthcare is free atm but without a scapegoat its impossible to change. But with changes to Prescriptions these would almost certainly see people paying regardless. Although I may do discounts for those RPing long term like Alzheimer's, Epilepsy etc, since Marijuana's a game changer for those folk.

Edited by Mecovy

I think the only necessary thing to do is to remove the OOC ban on legalizing weed.

All the details on how it will be handled should be part of the IC political discourse.

It’ll give us a good year or two of political RP for all citizens until it’s done probably. Then we can move on to something different politically.

On 6/16/2023 at 3:29 PM, Mecovy said:

Howdy, its me single issue Steve! As someone who's rallied against that decision since it came to happen, here's some thoughts I had on it.

First of all my primary goal was not to remove Marijuana from the illegal drug market without providing some form of replacement, nor do I even want to remove it from the illegal market at all (I just wanna be heard by ifm and acknowledged that there is a more efficient way of doing the drug economy). My plan focused on two main parts, at least to move marijuana to the medicinal phase. First, 4-5 contracts would be set up permitting full legal protection to whomever holds it to mass produce marijuana. 3 of these were to be kept aside strictly for illegal rp'ers only, 1 for legal and 1 for best concept. These factories would then be permitted to distribute their product to approved vendors (PHMC, ULSA's pharmacy and any other clinic that speaks to city gov prior and gets correct licensing). The product they would sell to Pillbox and these other clinics would be 2-4x more expensive than the current market rate (taxes). In turn these venues could then provide prescriptions (They would be FORCED to charge) to patients for their legal weed.

That's a TLDR of the legal aspect of the first step of my plan, now lets dig into how this benefits ILLEGAL(s).

Firstly, these big grow houses will be primed for opportunity to skim product and sell it on for far far cheaper. In kind, marijuana patients who hold a prescription would be pushed to seek out illegal dealers who could save them that 2-4x tax increase per gram. Obviously these warehouses would create major control of Marijuana to a small niche of groups, but that's okay. With this Marijuana would no longer be the primary street drug.

Fentanyl

Some of you may or may not have heard of what this horrible little bastard is, but to sum it up really basically. It's an insanely effective opiate that is currently being mixed in with people's heroin and such to give it more of a kick, but in reality just makes it lethal. Opiates, thanks to the greed of the United States Government and Big Pharma, now rule the street market from coast to coast of America. Some may have seen the opportunity presented here, others may not have. But we do have a hospital that prescribes opiates. If the server were to add Fent as a street drug, there would be an easy development of tiers to an opiate addiction. In plain English, if you keep taking your prescription opiate, the scripts going to push you deeper and deeper towards needing Fent. This could be done through tolerance and debuffs pushing you to find something more potent or suffer through a couple of days of increasing negative effects (unless rehab can be found and a way to allow that to help a user) until the addiction has passed.

This is a very simplified version of what I've been attempting to get anyone from LFM/IFM to hear since around Jan, this to me seems like a very logical and reasonable new way to refresh the drug market and stop us living in the 90s. 

Honestly, I'd love to see fentanyl make a huge appearance, particularly tranq which as I'm sure we all know is one of the most rampant drugs on the streets of the USA right now. Weed provides no benefits scriptwise and is already legal in the real world equivalent of San Andreas so I don't really see what it brings to the illegal scene other than BMX rats attempting to sell you weed for screenshots for their 2 day old unofficial faction. I always end up laughing when someone peddles up to me and hits me with the /low Hey you looking to cop some green? like they're doing something horrific. It's not really IFM's fault though (as much as I love blaming them), it's server management barring political RP from actually doing anything remotely interesting. The only thing political RPers have to do is squabble and create drama between the parties because they're disallowed from any other type of action, I'd probably have lost interest by now if I was a senate RPer. I think unfortunately the hard pill to swallow is GTAW is gonna remain in the weird twilight zone it is in where the police are 30 years behind equipment wise and the laws of the state are still that of 1960. The California we're loosely based off of is very different to the modern day California that exists currently.