Reconsider the decision (veto) to legalize weed

mj2002

Reconsider the veto on legislation to legalize weed  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Not reading all that. It don't make sense at all to roleplay illegalization of weed. I understand the whole conception of it impacting roleplay since it's been illegal, but it'll be for the better if we change it because it honestly don't make any sense in our lore compared to what were supposed to portray. This server needs a bunch of change as a bunch of things doesn't make sense in our lore, this can be a start. The whole illegalization of weed in the portrayal of Los Angeles, is dumber then a mallrat that makes millions after owning a bar in this server.

You probably should've read it because the very first sentence identified I was talking about the restriction on legalization. As in, legalization not being allowed.

• Upvote 1

Well, I don't believe neither the Democratic nor Republican party have ever pushed for a law just to represent the State of California or City of LA. Unless I am mistaken. Anything that is similar or replicates the IRL counterpart is likely to be just a politician who liked the idea and got it passed. My own law that was passed, called 'Shopkeeper's Privilege' is actually a law from the IRL counterpart, but the IC motivation behind it was to equip business owners with the ability to prevent shoplifting and giving them IC legal power to do so. ICly, my character thought it was a good idea, it got pushed, and we passed it. There was no OOC discussion regarding this law to be passed just to replicate IRL, however, and I hope that my response was thorough enough to really help understand.

Now, you may have a point with other factions replicating the LA counterpart. I do not talk on behalf of that, just the State political level.

• Upvote 2

Fair enough, I appreciate y'all for coming back to me and reponses. I apologize if I appeared rude or fairly being unprofessional.  I just always been so stuck up on this topic, as it's a big impact to the roleplay I pursue on this server. Just felt like coming in to make a point across, I didn't mean to stumble in to spark a argument or whatnot. My bad for the back in forth, next discussions or what not I'll make sure to make more reason and stuff of that nature. @Midwest @Zani

I'll make sure to read up on your discussion and your side about it, as fair enough you read mines. @Midwest

Edited by SLIME ALLEGIANCE
  • Upvote 1

This should be entirely an IC decision and we should let our IC senate make IC decisions.

SAGOV should be able to make decisions on laws that are ‘realistic’ in the USA today. This means things like weed, abortion rights, discrimination laws, and gun laws (all popular topics in the US today), should be on the table.

by letting SAGOV work this way and reduce OOC veto’s to thing a which are unrealistic for the US, it gives them credibility and boosts people’s interest to get involved.

When it comes to weed specifically, I don’t see any retraction from illegal RP - presumably, illegal RPers would be able to own a weed store, and just like some of the shady ones RL, would be able to sell far more than weed from behind the counter with the associated risks of being shut down if PD ever catch you.

• Upvote 1