Robbery rule.

18 hours ago, Jennie said:

People saying No robbery = illegal rp dead? ??????

Illegal rp is more than robbing randoms in the map.

I haven't robbed a person in 2 years, and I've been RPing illegal for 4 years. Probably did 4 robberies, in my lifetime. There's SO MUCH to do as an illegal RPer, more than ever. Just people aren't creative with their crimes. Besides that, illegal RP is more than crimes, but nobody really wants to develop a character, anymore.

• Upvote 6
22 hours ago, BLUE HUNDREDS said:

I haven't seen a single rule about illegal roleplayers being protected from something via a rule.

New helicopter rules?

Imo we have to balance everyone having fun.  Most of the time, being the victim of a robbery is more of a chore than fun for legal characters.  Losing your phone which had all your contacts.  Being passive and scared ICly to show fear and do whatever BS they say.  Maybe if it happens occasionally you can be motivated to do that, but if it happens a lot it's just like "ugh not again" and it becomes hard to care or play along more than is necessary to not break any rules.  Then having to RP trauma or whatever after (even though it's the third time this week).  If we were to properly RP effects of these robberies we'd probably give the police way more powers now and longer sentences.  But in the interests of FUN criminals serve like 3 hours (don't even have to be online afaik) and you can even DIE and literally just respawn and be back on the streets without being forced to stay in hospital or anything.  So I think a little bit of protection for civilians is fair.

• Applaud 1

I'm pretty sure if we made a rule stating you cannot take any firearms off your robbery victims, but said victims are also not allowed to use their firearm to retaliate during the scene itself? In other words, completely removing firearms from the potential treasure you can take from the human pinatas? I am pretty confident we'll see a huge decrease in robberies to the point where eventually they can be allowed to use vehicles more freely in their robbery spree. 

Don't think it is a secret that robberies for most people are just a quick and cheap alternative to gathering more firearms. Been robbed quite a bit the last few days (all of which got voided due to rulebreaks) and not once did they take my characters money or other belongings. The first thing they roleplay for is a waistband, trying to find firearms. They ignored a 60k watch on my character after they found his firearm. I even specifically mentioned the shiny watch around my characters wrist in an attempt to help them out a little bit but they simply didn't care. 

Two days ago, this dude's own homie snitched his friend out pretty much right away when I pointed out their rule breaks and offered them to resolve it without needing to go through admins. image.png

Needless to say, I had to go through admins and the player in question got punished and later banned.

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
14 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I'm pretty sure if we made a rule stating you cannot take any firearms off your robbery victims, but said victims are also not allowed to use their firearm to retaliate during the scene itself? In other words, completely removing firearms from the potential treasure you can take from the human pinatas? I am pretty confident we'll see a huge decrease in robberies to the point where eventually they can be allowed to use vehicles more freely in their robbery spree. 

Don't think it is a secret that robberies for most people are just a quick and cheap alternative to gathering more firearms. Been robbed quite a bit the last few days (all of which got voided due to rulebreaks) and not once did they take my characters money or other belongings. The first thing they roleplay for is a waistband, trying to find firearms. They ignored a 60k watch on my character after they found his firearm. I even specifically mentioned the shiny watch around my characters wrist in an attempt to help them out a little bit but they simply didn't care. 

I think that would only deepen the divide between civilian and legal roleplayers and wouldn't make any sense. If they had a gun, why wouldn't it be taken? If not just for your own safety. I do agree though that finding weapons shouldn't be your primary objective if you're mugging a random civilian and you're broke and desperate enough to hold someone at gunpoint. Wouldn't you want an expensive watch over a gun that's worth less? That expensive watch could get you transport, a place to sleep, get you off the streets, keep you fed indefinitely but no you want something that's as easy to obtain as a pack of cigarettes? That's proof that robberies are done for OOC reasons.

Edited by Moonsong
10 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

I think that would only deepen the divide between civilian and legal roleplayers and wouldn't make any sense. If they had a gun, why wouldn't it be taken? If not just for your own safety. I do agree though that finding weapons shouldn't be your primary objective if you're mugging a random civilian and you're broke and desperate enough to hold someone at gunpoint. Wouldn't you want an expensive watch over a gun that's worth less? That expensive watch could get you transport, a place to sleep, get you off the streets, keep you fed indefinitely but no you want something that's as easy to obtain as a pack of cigarettes? That's proof that robberies are done for OOC reasons.

There are a lot of things that don't make sense for the sake of balance and server health. If we can remove the OOC intends for robberies and the sheer amount of them by simply not allowing to steal a firearm during a robbery? I'd say that is a very healthy alternative solution in comparison to what we have now. All these robbers and people on this thread clearly rob for roleplay reasons, development and story telling. I'm sure none of them will care if they have to pretend the victim isn't carrying that pretty firearm on them! I'm sure we'll all happily sacrifice that in order to conduct our robberies with vehicles again and have it go completely un-checked.

58 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Two days ago, this dude's own homie snitched his friend out pretty much right away when I pointed out their rule breaks and offered them to resolve it without needing to go through admins. image.png

Needless to say, I had to go through admins and the player in question got punished and later banned.

Ding ding ding ding! Tonight's winner on why if you're not an illegal roleplayer or a LEO Roleplayer, you're an NPC to be farmed by the game's "main chars".

I'm not saying adding a rule not to take a gun is a good idea, but the rest of this answer is spot on. Some cold facts people will deny:

- Many, if not the majority of muggings really only happen because of the possibility of finding a gun

- In many times the RP leading to the muggings leave a bad taste in the victim's mouth because it's either practiced, paste, written 20 times before and tailored specifically to locate the maximum amount of firearms in the minimum amount of time

- If the victim tries to resist, they are reported by the robbers for "failing to RP Fear"

- "Fear RP" has become a "system" through which a mugging can have literally 0 risk for the robber, if the proper conditions are met.

- The conditions are not exactly Quantum Physics. (outnumber your victim, have your guns out and aimed).

- A victim talking up will be called a crybaby, a certain amount of very vocal criminal players will drown any argument as whining and complaining

Not catering to the fun and engagement of your victim during a mugging will only make your victims not want to RP this kind of scene and take actions to avoid them. At the most extreme, you will be left without Civilians that are the CORE of your RP. They buy your drugs, they run the businesses you extort, they drive the vehicles you chop, they own the houses you rob.

- Treat people like fellow players whose RP is as important as yours, make the experience worth the loss. Stop looking at people down the street as very aptly put "human piñatas" and NPCs to steal from.

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Peak. said:

What's minor to you, isn't minor to another portion of the community. 

It's about balancing what is essentially a video game, where we're all here to enjoy and have fun. 

Maybe it's time to start banning shitty roleplayers instead of giving them 55 warnings and 30 minute ajails? You know like maybe stop allowing back players that have multiple "perma" bans?

Being a shitty illegal rper turns to stupid rules like this. You already have to wait an hour minimum to get a break in, now i will have to wait an hour to be able to commit a petty robbery? And guess what, shitty illegal rpers ruin the fun for "good" illegal rpers while being a shitty civillian rper doesn't impact other civillian rpers. Talk about balance huh?

Criminals are held back behind days and days and in most common cases months of waiting time to get approved for the most trivial things. And now with rules like this no wonder that the criminal side of this server has went downhill so much.

Introducing rules like this isn't going to stop bad roleplay it's only going to piss off good rpers and drive them away from the server, because you know only up to a certain age people have infinite time to sit and wait for hours for an admin to show up others have lives going on.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 3
8 minutes ago, shiroq said:

Maybe it's time to start banning shitty roleplayers instead of giving them 55 warnings and 30 minute ajails? You know like maybe stop allowing back players that have multiple "perma" bans?

Being a shitty illegal rper turns to stupid rules like this. You already have to wait an hour minimum to get a break in, now i will have to wait an hour to be able to commit a petty robbery? And guess what, shitty illegal rpers ruin the fun for "good" illegal rpers while being a shitty civillian rper doesn't impact other civillian rpers. Talk about balance huh?

Criminals are held back behind days and days and in most common cases months of waiting time to get approved for the most trivial things. And now with rules like this no wonder that the criminal side of this server has went downhill so much.

Introducing rules like this isn't going to stop bad roleplay it's only going to piss off good rpers and drive them away from the server, because you know only up to a certain age people have infinite time to sit and wait for hours for an admin to show up others have lives going on.

Strong, true words. 

This is also something to mention here.

A civilian ignores Fear RP and tries to defend themselves --> They get Force CKd, sometimes even in the first occurrence.

A "bad apple" criminal roleplayer breaks a robbery rule, they get warnings, ajails, bans, they write "oh I am sorry I had not understood the rule" and a little while later they're back in the streets, rolling with their crew, doing the same shit. At worst they may reroll a new character with the same concept and affiliations and life goes on.

Not to mention that only a small portion of scenes that are not up to par with the server's advertised standards make it to the report section, because many players just have more important things to do than play lawyers to their own cases, having to prove that black, is indeed black and the sun does indeed rise from the East.

Ultimately, while in RL "innocent until proven guilty" works wonders, maybe it should be the other way around? Maybe the weight of proving they have done nothing wrong and they respected their fellow players through and through should burden primarily the perpetrator and not the victim?

2 minutes ago, Kraethas said:

A civilian ignores Fear RP and tries to defend themselves --> They get Force CKd, sometimes even in the first occurrence.

Well that's simply not true, anyone that ignores fear RP can get cked, criminal, LEO, civillian. Don't make shit up.