GTA World Player Counter

Illusory

3 hours ago, Sush said:

Another little thing. Just got finished with a 'Weekday Averages' graph that shows the overall player count average per day over the past month. This is useful to see which weekdays are the busiest/etc 

image.thumb.png.b55c2e4610e57a82f25d443999601f35.png

I've also noticed Thursday being particularly slow. 

Edited by changooman
  • 1 month later...
On 7/15/2020 at 8:06 AM, Daquan Kingston said:

Could you add options such as x-month average, so we can compare between months to figure if the playerbase is growing or decreasing?

The monthly trend category is pretty similar to this. (Under More -> Monthly Trend). This shows the overall average (mean value) of every data point for an entire month. Makes good for seeing the trend in player count since we've started recording in Dec 2018

image.thumb.png.f1b406a850a3fa6d2ac565a7add5942d.png

I'd consider making something to directly compare two months (or periods of time in general) day by day though

2 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

On what data is the average players counted, last 30 days or...? Because I notice that the population today on a Sunday is under the average, but the actual number of players is far above average if we take into account the whole year.

3f6231f414398468d1e43907852dae27.png

The average takes into account the past 14 days of information and breaks it down into 10 minute intervals. For example 437.93 is the average for 6:40pm-6:49pm server time over the past 14 days. It only counts in 10 minute intervals like that as that's how the graph displays the actual data though

Edited by Sush
36 minutes ago, Sush said:

The average takes into account the past 14 days of information and breaks it down into 10 minute intervals. For example 437.93 is the average for 6:40pm-6:49pm server time over the past 14 days. It only counts in 10 minute intervals like that as that's how the graph displays the actual data though

Thank you for the quick reply. Wouldn't a 30-day period be better?

EDIT: I'm saying so based on steamcharts.com

Edited by Daquan Kingston
On 7/19/2020 at 3:23 PM, Daquan Kingston said:

Thank you for the quick reply. Wouldn't a 30-day period be better?

EDIT: I'm saying so based on steamcharts.com

I honestly wasn't sure what the difference would be at first so I trialed it on a test version of the site. The average line does seem smoother overall and I've updated it to reflect the past 30 days.

• Giga locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic