GTA:W set in the 40s'/50's?

Mistery14

simply look to red dead world for many reasons why this wouldn't work, but also many why it would. I find most people played kinda time-appropriate characters, there. the more worrysome part is the creation of infrastructure and assurance that nobody says pog in the 50's

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

25 minutes ago, sparky said:

The 40s and 50s were generally a boring era. Especially in an RP context. 80s/90s RP servers used to exist on SAMP iirc and maybe that would work seeing as how 90% of the research people do on their illegal faction is from that era

Beat it tuts, these streets ain't safe for you

Edited by Pádraig
  • Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, sparky said:

The 40s and 50s were generally a boring era. Especially in an RP context. 80s/90s RP servers used to exist on SAMP iirc and maybe that would work seeing as how 90% of the research people do on their illegal faction is from that era

I really like the idea of a 70s/80s RP as well honestly. I'd definitely get into the PD and develop a believable corrupt cop character or something.

Although I'd argue that the 40s/50s weren't exactly boring, it's just that our perception of what is boring developed into what it is now.

My concern would really be that, someone made a point that a lot are barely capable of RPing as someone from our own time, so how the hell could we manage to get the same players to portray a character from the 40s or even 90s without it becoming some sort of parody full of stereotypical chars?

Listen up, wise guy. You just stumbled into the wrong part of town. Now, I ain't one to beat around the bush, so let me get straight to the point. You're gonna hand over all your valuables, and I mean everything. Rings, watches, wallets, and any other trinkets you got in them pockets of yours. And don't even think about trying to pull a fast one on me, pal. I got eyes on the back of my head, and I ain't afraid to use this here knuckleduster to teach you a lesson.

Now, I don't wanna have to get rough with ya, see? But if push comes to shove, I ain't afraid to mix it up. I've seen my fair share of scraps, and I ain't afraid to get my hands dirty. So why don't you do yourself a favor and just hand over the goods, huh? It'll save us both a lot of trouble in the long run.

And don't you dare try to play hero, neither. I got a whole crew waiting for me around the corner, and they ain't too friendly to anyone who crosses us. So why don't you just be a smart guy and do what I say, eh? You'll thank me later, capisce?

And if you even think about squealing to the coppers, you better watch your back, buddy. We got connections, you know what I'm saying? So do yourself a favor and keep your yap shut, unless you want a one-way ticket to the bottom of the lake. Now hand over the dough, and let's call it a day.

• Applaud 3