Female jail the discussion.

Rubbish

I'd be down to create a female lifer, just need to conduct a lot of research while reading the guides that are listed in the previous pages.

In my opinion? START IT OFF by creating a "Pod B" unofficial group and discord channel, completely forgetting about racial politics for the time being as we're attempting to get Pod B active, to begin with.

I won't be the one starting this, but I've seen tons of people interested in this concept, as-well, and really do suggest starting in this direction.

• Upvote 5

Nicholas Longo here, supervising line deputy. You'll find pod B's pretty dead for a few reasons: women aren't arrested as much as men, even if they commit infractions worth it. Women that are arrested will often serve their sentences quickly or log off until they're complete. Women that are active are left to their own devices, meant to fiddle their thumbs. I try hard to include them but others may not. 

Edited by radreaper100
  • Upvote 4
3 hours ago, DLimit said:

I'd be down to create a female lifer, just need to conduct a lot of research while reading the guides that are listed in the previous pages.

In my opinion? START IT OFF by creating a "Pod B" unofficial group and discord channel, completely forgetting about racial politics for the time being as we're attempting to get Pod B active, to begin with.

I won't be the one starting this, but I've seen tons of people interested in this concept, as-well, and really do suggest starting in this direction.

Happy to follow this as well. We have properly established that some people aren't interested, fine. Now we need solutions and actions.

On 8/20/2022 at 2:51 AM, Gallagher said:

this is a problem as old as time. there’s simply not enough female characters who are interested in jail rp for it to be enjoyable. because if they were - they would.

jail/prison rp is one of those things where you can not rely on the admin team or the legal factions to entertain you. it’s completely down to the group of inmates to create the environment they want - and there just isn’t enough inmates.

I agree but I also find that if there is female characters who's roleplayers are interested in this, what would they do? Create it themselves? Sounds like a simple answer to most but with a lot of people, concept creation is not for them. Maybe through lack of confidence, experience or knowledge in the topic. For example, I personally wouldn't mind giving this roleplay a try but I'd need help and guidance in portraying a character in this unfamiliar environment, let alone in creating the concept myself. Then if you're like me and do not want to create the concept, you still may be interested in the concept but unfortunately it doesn't exist. 

Most roleplay concepts start when a single person or a small group with extensive interest lay the foundations out for others and it just hasn't happened here yet, for whichever reason. I'd rather see it done right by a group like the before mentioned than done for the sake of it.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Narcan said:

I agree but I also find that if there is female characters who's roleplayers are interested in this, what would they do? Create it themselves? Sounds like a simple answer to most but with a lot of people, concept creation is not for them. Maybe through lack of confidence, experience or knowledge in the topic. For example, I personally wouldn't mind giving this roleplay a try but I'd need help and guidance in portraying a character in this unfamiliar environment, let alone in creating the concept myself. Then if you're like me and do not want to create the concept, you still may be interested in the concept but unfortunately it doesn't exist. 

Most roleplay concepts start when a single person or a small group with extensive interest lay the foundations out for others and it just hasn't happened here yet, for whichever reason. I'd rather see it done right by a group like the before mentioned than done for the sake of it.

A forum section to support the development of these concepts would help a lot. Not just for factions only.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

A forum section to support the development of these concepts would help a lot. Not just for factions only.

I agree, since there's probably people with the extensive knowledge required to kick start certain concepts that for one reason or another just don't have the time or motivation to do it themselves. If they could weigh in their opinions and/or knowledge without creating the concept themselves? That would help players who don't feel confident with the concept to give it a shot if they want too.

Edited by Narcan
  • Wuhtah locked this topic