Make all inactive businesses available for lease

I agree with this, wholeheartedly. If nothing else, I'd add one more line to this regarding ongoing topic in general section, average rated businesses like bars in low income areas, shouldn't need custom interiors, if people stick to predefined ones, they can open and run said business sooner.

• 3 weeks later...

I mean compiling a list won't be hard if you seek the help of the community to make some sort of shared Excel Sheet with all the business itself, like the front and the name, then PM can assure if they are mapped or not, that reduces the load a bit.

On 7/29/2022 at 1:16 AM, Engelbert said:

I agree with this, wholeheartedly. If nothing else, I'd add one more line to this regarding ongoing topic in general section, average rated businesses like bars in low income areas, shouldn't need custom interiors, if people stick to predefined ones, they can open and run said business sooner.

I know mapping can be tedious, but I don’t know why PM doesn’t have the mapping team map out interiors for at least some of the social businesses on the lease list. Then they would be already considered realistic interiors. Lock the construction rights. Boom. People get into these businesses and open them much quicker. 

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Xaleya said:

I mean compiling a list won't be hard if you seek the help of the community to make some sort of shared Excel Sheet with all the business itself, like the front and the name, then PM can assure if they are mapped or not, that reduces the load a bit.

The list already exists with Property Management though. I'm just looking for ways to lower the barriers of entry for business roleplay.

Either leases or conditioned properties would help the server and players out equally.
The only issue remains that people just request something and go inactive for a while- logging in for X hours a month just to keep it.
Reports and inactivity requests are an option, yes. But it's barely done it seems, or players just move on after seeing the desired property is already "taken".

Leases might be easier to keep track of for PM since the process is mostly automated, I think?
As in taking properties from players if they fail to pay, putting it back into PM's hands.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 8:05 PM, Narco said:

So what if a player has an admin record from over a year ago but still wants to lease a business out of curiosity? are they doomed for life because they have an admin record or is there an actual time between last admin punishment etc out of curiosity? 

As someone with an admin record, over a few months is generally OK unless you've done shit like transfered money between your chars through your business or some other shit that would make them think twice about leasing you a place.

+1 for the rule suggestion though. (I'd suggest just making leased businesses as simple to get as a house by just walking up to them and buying them for cheap, but that's just me.)

Edited by Coburn
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 11:15 PM, Sitra said:

My guess is "we don't care that you've spent weeks preparing to open this place up, applying, building, funneling tons of money - pay us extortion money or we get arson and CK perms" on criminal RPers' side is a great contributor to it. As someone who's recently acquired a business, it's sad to say but a big factor in the location choice was whether I'm gonna be extorted or not, and by whom, and it's been a concern of some of my friends trying to own businesses as well.

Business owner and non-crim RPers are getting the shit end of the stick in that regard because RICO laws are non-existent on this server, and there's no rules regarding extortion - not to mention that when people do extort, they do it in the most shallow of manners just for the money gain, with no RP surrounding it whatsoever. Some people I know straight up gave up on trying because, sadly, business owners are on the losing side here, while IRL it's the criminals that take the risk. But who knows, maybe with some some groups' dissolutions we'll be able to see businesses on the rise again.

Other than that - the money and effort required to acquire a business and keep it running is not proportional to just walking in and demanding money when you're a criminal. I lease a bar (as in, I don't own it YET, I'll be able to buy it off in 3 months), and have already funneled around 350-400k just to get it ready for the opening - I'm not even going to mention the tens of hours spent to plan the place, map it, prepare the menu and the graphics for it. Many people struggle with keeping the drive to keep going up because concepts grow stale and serve mostly as money-making schemes.

I'm glad there's hoops to jump through to get there, because then we get people who REALLY want to provide RP with the business ownership. If I were to give an answer, I'd say the decline in business ownership relies on the community itself.

This is the problem with the server at the moment. Why open and make RP if the server encourages such a shit 0 RP reason for criminals to just abuse to make money.

RICO laws should exist and turn this version of a lawless nation into a realistic setting where criminals aren't superheroes.

• Upvote 4
On 2/5/2023 at 3:55 AM, Galactus said:

This is the problem with the server at the moment. Why open and make RP if the server encourages such a shit 0 RP reason for criminals to just abuse to make money.

RICO laws should exist and turn this version of a lawless nation into a realistic setting where criminals aren't superheroes.

Agreed heavily 

• Upvote 1