Make all inactive businesses available for lease

22 hours ago, Narco said:

So what if a player has an admin record from over a year ago but still wants to lease a business out of curiosity? are they doomed for life because they have an admin record or is there an actual time between last admin punishment etc out of curiosity? 

No. Recent administrative actions are the only thing held against, say 2-3 months and depending on the past history.

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Frezemis said:

Leased businesses are usually businesses that remain as a lease and cannot be bought out or purchased. I’ve stated many times that Property Management and even myself included have no problem helping people obtain businesses. Not everyone wants a coffee shop, clothing shop, barber shop, etc. Everyone wants their fingers in nightclubs, pawnshops, bars, lounges. I do not have a problem incentivizing businesses that are there solely for roleplay not just profit because they are prioritizing roleplay instead of profit.

If someone inquires about a business lost to inactivity we always tell people they can request it and we can offer them payment options. We will work with you unless there’s other factors like admin record and portrayal but aside from that we want businesses to be active and portrayed properly.

Most of the common businesses are already on the lease list. So I’m not completely understanding the suggestion here and I’m open for a different explanation or different approach.

Hey, thanks for the interest in this topic. The most important advantages of this proposal are:

• A list of businesses that have been previously approved already available, so it is more obvious what is available. This also means the property location doesn't have to be approved for the business concept, because that determination was made already in advance. This saves everyone a lot of time.
  • It reduces the barrier for starting a business by offering these as lease businesses, on top of the normal ability to request it as a property. 

It just makes everything easier and helps to alleviate some of the concerns that a lot of players have about bureaucracy (perceived or otherwise) involved in obtaining a property. I think the support from other users for this suggestion speaks for itself.

2 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Hey, thanks for the interest in this topic. The most important advantages of this proposal are:

• A list of businesses that have been previously approved already available, so it is more obvious what is available. This also means the property location doesn't have to be approved for the business concept, because that determination was made already in advance. This saves everyone a lot of time.
  • It reduces the barrier for starting a business by offering these as lease businesses, on top of the normal ability to request it as a property. 

It just makes everything easier and helps to alleviate some of the concerns that a lot of players have about bureaucracy (perceived or otherwise) involved in obtaining a property. I think the support from other users for this suggestion speaks for itself.

To be fair there’s only a little bit of support here and not much of it is providing any further ideas.

Your bulletpoints sounds like our current leasing procedure. Cool Beans for an example, already mapped, already have a script and is ready to go with its own location. You request it, you get it and you just start. I’m still failing to understand the point here 😕

discussions, discussions, discussions. Your point is so invalid I don't see why you are even asking. Just work hard foe a business and buy one, don't go around asking for leases all the way to the top because it's just an iceberg, it can turn upside down in so little time.

5 minutes ago, Noir said:

discussions, discussions, discussions. Your point is so invalid I don't see why you are even asking. Just work hard foe a business and buy one, don't go around asking for leases all the way to the top because it's just an iceberg, it can turn upside down in so little time.

Rather pay 10-30k for a lease a month instead of hundreds. If it doesn’t work out you bail before you commit.

• Upvote 3
15 minutes ago, Frezemis said:

Rather pay 10-30k for a lease a month instead of hundreds. If it doesn’t work out you bail before you commit.

you are right. Its better if you just dont care for the lease cus its little money and you dont lose much if you lose it rather than paying to the full for a business and they take it before its even yours or get banned for it and they take it off you