Make all inactive businesses available for lease

3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Can you reveal more about this plan or what was changed, or is planned to be changed?

Since this was last year, I'm honestly not sure anymore. I sort have forgotten but I think it was the process of lease-to-buy which is now up and running.

We don't want to make them all leases because it restricts players from only being able to apply for it via lease request and not property request.

Before you say "why can't they apply for it either way" - we could, but due to UCP restrictions it makes it more tedious on us and adds more workload.

I can see if I can get a master list of all businesses, but that might be awhile as well - or get inactive businesses in certain areas on a spreadsheet somewhere.. however the /checkowner command for players have made this sort of redundant to do as well on our side.

1 minute ago, Wuhtah said:

Since this was last year, I'm honestly not sure anymore. I sort have forgotten but I think it was the process of lease-to-buy which is now up and running.

We don't want to make them all leases because it restricts players from only being able to apply for it via lease request and not property request.

Before you say "why can't they apply for it either way" - we could, but due to UCP restrictions it makes it more tedious on us and adds more workload.

I can see if I can get a master list of all businesses, but that might be awhile as well - or get inactive businesses in certain areas on a spreadsheet somewhere.. however the /checkowner command for players have made this sort of redundant to do as well on our side.

The most important thing I really had hoped that players could take away from this change is that they would be aware of what is available to them, what is out there. Whether that's lease, a speadsheet, some other list in the UCP, or whatever. This makes everything easier for players. I hope that's not forgotten.

25 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

The most important thing I really had hoped that players could take away from this change is that they would be aware of what is available to them, what is out there. Whether that's lease, a speadsheet, some other list in the UCP, or whatever. This makes everything easier for players. I hope that's not forgotten.

We have made strides to make it easier for players to check out what IS available on their own and not to rely so heavily on an administrator to figure that out.

I'll work on a spreadsheet still, but I do have my hands a bit full right now with requests and staff applications as well as other PM projects, but I'll see if anyone else on the team can get started on one!

50 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

We have made strides to make it easier for players to check out what IS available on their own and not to rely so heavily on an administrator to figure that out.

I'll work on a spreadsheet still, but I do have my hands a bit full right now with requests and staff applications as well as other PM projects, but I'll see if anyone else on the team can get started on one!

Can all businesses be made to be unlocked too so we can go and check them out? I tried visiting a few and they were locked and due to my timezone there was either no admins or very few online to handle the request to unlock

56 minutes ago, jbutton169 said:

Can all businesses be made to be unlocked too so we can go and check them out? I tried visiting a few and they were locked and due to my timezone there was either no admins or very few online to handle the request to unlock

I can see with the devs if there's an option to let properties be automatically unlocked if set to no owner or property master, but this is out of my realm to let you know yes/no!

If not, I can go through some and make sure they are unlocked, but administrators might accidentally lock them after as some players RP inside when they should not unless they are wanting to RP "real estate agents trying to sell them the business" before prior requesting the property (it's not needed).

@FatCatTuxedo - possible?

Edited by Wuhtah