Charging minors with every crime as an adult?

Narco

6 hours ago, Tingtingbingding said:

True lol, but there’s always a work around . Like let’s say you have to be on your account that is jailed for the time to go down, there’s a way to have you look like you are typing active in game without hitting enter you’re just spamming the same letter in chat box , without pressing enter and yeah people have done this on other servers when they were forced to be on their account . You don’t even have to be on the keyboard to do this trick .  You can be afk and leave your home lol to do errands and come back lol

Players get kicked for AFKing in TTCF, all the time, because the Pod is so small that any minor patrols or RP interaction from either inmates, C.O.s, or deputies will have a report against you once they realize that you're AFK.

I'm convinced having minors on the server is more harmful than beneficial

While it opens the door to amazing coming of age stories and being manipulated into a bad life

People just use it as a young and dumb excuse in reality to get away with crap with what can be considered slaps on the wrist punishments for shootings and all that

Minors need to be an application role. How many just get on and alt and wait for an hour or 3 to get back on the character. If people can't potray them Correctly then I'm sorry, it needs to be reserved for those willing to try harder to make them stand out as reasonable Characters to have 

@Moonsong Just noticed in the server rules and I'm not sure if it's a typo or not but it seems they covered name changes after a court case at least:

If you are charged and your case goes to court you may not namechange until two week (14 days) after the COMPLETION of your court case. You must also ensure that any asset seizures are complied with before the namechange

If that's read at face value, that says you can't name change until two weeks after the completion/conclusion of the court case, which in most cases would cover a majority of jail sentences wouldn't it? Unless they don't go to jail right away? I wonder if this was typed incorrectly or if this just hasn't been enforced when people go to jail after a court case lol.

Edited by Brofessor
3 hours ago, Orpheus49 said:

While it opens the door to amazing coming of age stories and being manipulated into a bad life

People just use it as a young and dumb excuse in reality to get away with crap with what can be considered slaps on the wrist punishments for shootings and all that

Minors need to be an application role. How many just get on and alt and wait for an hour or 3 to get back on the character. If people can't potray them Correctly then I'm sorry, it needs to be reserved for those willing to try harder to make them stand out as reasonable Characters to have 

the hell u talking about

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Orpheus49 said:

?

I'm not sure what the initial statement has to do with the discussion. Minor characters fill their own role of serving as the foot soldiers of a nation wide gang crisis. I don't agree with this application thing and not sure what relevance it has to the original discussion as it is most people assume minor = criminal so because of a bad apples they have this bad rep of being robotic kids who shoot 5 cops during a traffic stop.

A few bad apples doesn't make the whole tree rotten. 

Edited by RoyalPainter
  • Upvote 3

I think the argument here has been misconstrued, the sole reason as to why people role play criminals as minors has nothing to do with jail time or catching lighter sentences, it’s about personal preference based on realism. 90% of gangs in America are made up of youth, and whether or not people rping these characters catch lighter sentences has nothing to do with that or this thread I believe. When I do gang rp, I’d rather do it as an adult because that’s my preference, while some people like to rp as minors. Just like how some people enjoy making their characters lives out to be something you see on reality TV, it’s all based on personal preference. To argue that people abuse the minor system in hopes of catching lighter sentences is a bad argument simply because you have no proof to back up these claims. 

6 minutes ago, SOLID24 said:

I think the argument here has been misconstrued, the sole reason as to why people role play criminals as minors has nothing to do with jail time or catching lighter sentences, it’s about personal preference based on realism. 90% of gangs in America are made up of youth, and whether or not people rping these characters catch lighter sentences has nothing to do with that or this thread I believe. When I do gang rp, I’d rather do it as an adult because that’s my preference, while some people like to rp as minors. Just like how some people enjoy making their characters lives out to be something you see on reality TV, it’s all based on personal preference. To argue that people abuse the minor system in hopes of catching lighter sentences is a bad argument simply because you have no proof to back up these claims. 

90% of gang members are not underaged lmao

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RoyalPainter said:

?

I'm not sure what the initial statement has to do with the discussion. Minor characters fill their own role of serving as the foot soldiers of a nation wide gang crisis. I don't agree with this application thing and not sure what relevance it has to the original discussion as it is most people assume minor = criminal so because of a bad apples they have this bad rep of being robotic kids who shoot 5 cops during a traffic stop.

A few bad apples doesn't make the whole tree rotten. 

At the same time it seems like every fruit that falls from that Damm tree is rotten

I don't mean to insult anyone with that it just genuinely feels that way sometimes

Edited by Orpheus49
  • Wuhtah locked this topic