OOC nicknames, profiles and pictures should be free of controversial topics

OOC nicknames, profiles and pictures should be free of controversial topics  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

Incorrect. Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. 
unknown.png
I meant that anything OOC people should try to use a neutral or "slang-less" English.

While your character is your character and your character can speak whatever way that person should do it (Grammar doesn't matter because it's giving it reasoning to the dialect or the way words are pronounced by them). You ain't "that character". So you the human being, within any OOC section shouldn't speak like your character. That's what I meant. 

Character and player are two different things, keep that in mind when I'm speaking of both things. You should try differencing both.

In all fairness, this is an English roleplaying server. People simply including slang in their OOC messages are not necessarily acting like their character, some people simply just speak that way. 

personally doesn't bother me, nor would it if i saw someone with a "racist" pfp, it's an online forum and as long as people are being civil and not forcing "their beliefs" or opinion on you, what harm is it really doing?

6 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

I dont like people that are OOCly racist. Don't get it confused my friend. Half of the people use this as a way to act out their fantasies. You cant tell me this sort of stuff is "just ic"

61e613ad1a674f477e7f624fa3d9b66f.png1b194d413f4e9b0a5c445e3b53bb2164.png

My good sir, you suggested to remove WP tattoos just a few months ago.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

I dont like people that are OOCly racist. Don't get it confused my friend. Half of the people use this as a way to act out their fantasies. You cant tell me this sort of stuff is "just ic"

Why is the concept that roleplaying for some people is simply a hobby and does not encompass their entire personality so hard for you? Some people play for fun after work, not because it's the only thing that causes the release of dopamine.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

Dude I'm brown irl wtf. Had this PFP since I joined the server and now it's a problem? Ask anyone who knows me.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
13 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

You dont know what youre talking about, make your research before posting again. Whiteandproud was made for a specific character, that forum account even posted screens of his roleplay. You guys are offended by everything these days...

https://www.adl.org/resources/hate-symbol/moon-man

Edited by remainlowkey
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
19 hours ago, Midwest said:

If "pride" and "proud" are considered bannable offenses in that regard, I sure hope we start to apply it to all the other racial, ethnic, and characteristic "pride" "proud" accounts. 

Small edit for clarification; both terms referenced above are very distinctly different from "power". 

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, Wurm said:

Dude I'm brown irl wtf. Had this PFP since I joined the server and now it's a problem? Ask anyone who knows me.

this guy's brown and uses a 4chan white supremacy meme as his pfp. as a representative of the brown community, we dont claim u bruh

Edited by Piepstem
  • Wuhtah locked this topic