Delaying Entry

Peak.

43 minutes ago, ShadowNG said:

Why does it even matter?

I'm sure both law enforcement factions are strictly enforcing a mentality that is ought to provide quality police role-play and not policing the server.

I'm not against implementing an automatic command saying what floor or proximity of doors the hot pursuit would lead into, but... delay and anything of the sort? Definitely fit for a Cops & Robbers gameplay.

Delay is moving in the direction of age-based damage/recoil, if people RP'd these things, we'd not have to mechanically enforce them.

A delay is also useless, because you'd still teleport in if you got tased or tackled.

There really needs to be an indication of what property someone is entering when they're using them multi-interior teleports. A delay isn't necessary if there was at least some indication of where someone went instead of them seemingly just disappearing into the void in some powergamey teleportation device.

• Thanks 1

The entry delay has its pros and cons, but I agree that there should be some kind of information message that tells which floor and room a player has entered into for multi-interior properties. Perhaps setting an ideal radius from the entrance if it will be sent to the chat box.

• Applaud 1
3 hours ago, Steezers said:

No from me

This literally adds nothing to the suggestion. Why no? 

Its a suggestion with arguments for pros and cons simply putting no doesn't help address an obvious issue in game.

+1 on this.

To everyone that says "put up a warrant", it's not that simple. It's stupidly simple to just commit crimes and never get caught, so just spamming Y to enter a property and lock it when you're being chased is powergaming at worst when IRL people could just block the door from closing.

• Thanks 1

why is entry delay such a big issue?

you do not unlock a door, open it, step inside, close it and re-lock it all within one second (which can be done by rapidly hitting L + Y + L in less than a second), there should be a delay from pressing L to then locking/unlocking, then another delay when pressing Y to enter. it avoids people using interiors to avoid consequences.

i've seen countless videos from illegal and legal players where, when in danger, they'll quickly dip in and out of interiors instantly to elude whoever might be coming after them. it's dumb and is done so commonly.

There seems to be some confusion here.

Seeing what apartment someone goes into is not "winning every situation."

I think people need to understand that magically vanishing on a 30 room drop down menu is not "quality roleplay" and infact, halts the roleplay dead in its tracks. It's not about "winning" it's about continuing the roleplay scene. Unless your goal is to magically lose any people chasing you, in which case, surely, that is "winning every situation" as some people here described?

The whole point of seeing where someone goes is so the RP can actually continue in a meaningful manner. It is not "winning" to have to spend an hour + negotiating with a barricaded suspect.  That is called continued interaction, and I am disappointed to see that some people think that this should continue to exist as a means of magical escape in which all subsequent RP is cut off.  The goal is to have more roleplay. 

If you want to escape the police/others do it by actually losing your pursuer. The magical drop down menu *is* play to win. If it's not, please explain how it's not.  This is not a problem on mapped apartment complexes, where this kind of thing can be seen/there is a chance to escape/be caught depending. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

i would rather theres be apartment complexes lol, instead of just standing there stupid with a delay for 15 seconds as a davis gangbanger comes from south central to vespucic and sees me waiting for the script to work, which will honestly probably break nine times out of time and not allow me into my apartment 

or add an elevator system or something idfk, theres other ways to combat this then adding a delay to entering, and i can see this being used wrongly with robbers camping doors to see where certain people go and then robbing there houses, or say im running from police with a rather big gap in between us and hit a corner and go inside of my home, the gap between us caused there to be enough time for me to open the door and close it and then just as they hit the corner they see the /me in chat and go "HES RIGHT HERE, AHHHHAHAHA, WE GOT HIM" even though they didnt even see me cause they had yet to hit the corner.

Edited by ZaE