Change /SellProperty (to server) to 100% Market Value (instead of 50%)

Detailed Description

If you lose a property to inactivity, you already get 100% of the market value back (not items or furniture cost).

I suggest that the command to sell a property back to the server also give you 100% of the market value back.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

It would increase the amount of active properties. By a marginal amount but it would still help.

For example, I have a multi-int apartment right now that I'm trying to sell, for its BARE MINIMUM market value, but no one seems to want it. Despite this, the building is totally sold out and I know it always sells out because it's a busy area for rp and local gangs.

My options here are to take a 52k loss by using /sellproperty to the server, or keep a property I'm not using (a detriment to the area), or simply go inactive until I lose it it 2 weeks. I don't see a benefit to any of these.

Just let us /sellproperty back to the server for 100% market value. I doubt people will do this with mapped apartments and they will continue to try to sell those with the forums. But with basic rockstar interior multi-int apartments this would be great and add more available properties to the market.

• Applaud 1

If you ever noticed apartments with empty interiors? You might have come across a crawler that bought the apartment, sold all the furniture and then sold the apartment back to the state. Unfortunately, this change would benefit these people even more so some counter measurement would be appropriate.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, orca112 said:

If you ever noticed apartments with empty interiors? You might have come across a crawler that bought the apartment, sold all the furniture and then sold the apartment back to the state. Unfortunately, this change would benefit these people even more so some counter measurement would be appropriate.

I'm sure this has happened but not that often. It's still abuse and very easy to spot in the new bank logs! Buying a property, /sellallfurniture, /sellproperty right after? Plain as day, easy ban.

When I see these, I thought the previous owner knew they were going inactive or onto a new character, scrapped their mapping (reasonable) and let the server take it for inactivity. Which means the property was inactive for 2 weeks and someone else could have been using it if the person had been allowed to /sellproperty for 100% in the first place.

• 9 months later...