Additional text options for the visually impared.

Glass

I'm aware of at least one other person that has some visual impairments on the server. I myself play on a very large TV....sometimes because I want to, other times because when I drop to 1080p on a 52 inch display I can actually see things better when my eyes are acting up. The below screenshot is a perfect example of white text being unreadable for some people in light areas, and dark text also suffering the same in dark backgrounds.

SS13.png.f02e83235829ebf36ff679e98122f087.png

Anyway, with that preface, I think that at minimum, having the option to turn on a semi-transparent background that contrasts well with all the colors...something similar to a frosted window pane, would be a good option to let those of us with poor eyes toggle on and off. 

Ideally, being able to control the width of the black shadowing around the text would be excellent - that is, to at least have an option of making it triple its current thickness.
In cases of dark text  like /b ... the option to have the outline be white, or again change the font color, would be immensely helpful for those of us with not as good vision. 

If there is a config file where I can change color values myself on the client side with respect to my own gameplay that would also be immensely helpful.

Thank you for considering this idea!

• Upvote 14
  • Applaud 4

This has been a much needed update, I have been on the server for 2 years on and off now, I especially struggle reading text in larger RP areas due to the way the text is presented, but I also personally struggle depending on the location, even the purple text can be tricky to read without a background.

I don't know if this is a thing on other RP servers as this has been my only RP server, but as someone with a minor visual impairment I can't +++++ this enough.

Games akin to final fantasy come to mind, with the text box background being toggleable, either with a solid background or semi transparent.

I know of many other people who struggle in the same vein.

I'm extremely surprised this hasn't been addressed before.

• Upvote 3