Make Factions more realistic.

TheRuinedKing

Detailed Description

Hello, so my suggestion simply revolved around legal factions, the server's high RP standards is currently outstanding, I have the most enjoyable 5 hours of RP in my entire life. However, I cant help but notice that the current Law Enforcement factions do not really seem as realistic as it could be. For Example. The LSSD. I noticed that the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department do not patrol in the city however, IRL the LASD have full jurisdiction to patrol inside the city of Los Santos since it is basically what they are there for. To help the LAPD perform their duties inside Los Angeles. But meanwhile the LSPD in the server patrol in the city, the LSSD are patrolling in the county side. So my suggestion is to expand and even make more realistic LEO factions. Move the LSSD's jurisdiction back in the city. Make a SAHP and a BCSO which is Blain County Sheriff's Office. I noticed that the server hits 700 daily and growing. I am certain that 3 factions will fit just fine within the 700 player base. So we can have the LSSD helping the LSPD in LS, SAHP patrolling on highways and the BCSO patrolling in Blain County. I also noticed that the LSSD are the ones patrolling on the highway which is out of their jurisdiction so we can have SAHP on motion as well.

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

It will give a tad more realism touch in the server. Me as a law enforcement huge fan, I'd love to see that a huge GTA and heavy RP server has different departments to add the realism taste into the server. It will attract those who are looking for heavy Roleplay fun and it will increase the interest of Law Enforcement fans knowing that there is different departments around the server.

Another thing that I noticed is that the County is dead. So the BCSO will have a chance to revive some of the County RP since a lot of people would love to RP in the county as well and a lot of law enforcement players would love to become part of the BSCO because they just like to patrol as deputies in the counties not the city. 

I think we also need

• San Andreas Department of Justice
    San Andreas Bureau of Investigation - Special Agents
    San Andreas Bureau of Firearms - Special Agents
    San Andreas Bureau of Forensic Services - Special Agents
    San Andreas Bureau of Gambling Control - Special Agents
    San Andreas Bureau of Medi-Cal Fraud & Elder Abuse - Special Agents
    San Andreas Highway Patrol
    San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
    San Andreas Office of Correctional Safety - State Fugitive Apprehension Teams & Special Service Unit
    San Andreas Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control - Special Agents
    San Andreas Department of Fish and Wildlife - Game Wardens
    San Andreas State Parks Peace Officer
    San Andreas Department of Toxic Substances Control - Criminal Investigators
    San Andreas Department of Motor Vehicles Investigations Division - Investigator
    San Andreas Department of Insurance - Investigations Division
    San Andreas Franchise Tax Board - Investigations Bureau
    San Andreas Lottery Security and Law Enforcement Division
    San Andreas Department of Consumer Affairs - Division of Investigation
    San Andreas Department of Forestry and Fire Protection - Law Enforcement
    San Andreas Department of Health Care Services - Investigations Branch
    San Andreas Department of Public Health, Food and Drug Branch
    San Andreas Health and Human Services Agency
    San Andreas Department of State Hospitals - Hospital Police Officers
    Office of Law Enforcement Support
    Office of Special Investigations
    San Andreas Department of Developmental Services - Developmental Center Police Officers
  • Upvote 2

Pardon me if I make spelling or grammatical mistakes I'm on my phone.

Instead of giving you sarcastic answer here's why we shouldn't do that. LSSD does indeed patrol in Los Santos and the county. This is possible because as per continuity the entire map available ingame is the entirety of the county, making it Los Santos County, so Blaine County does not exist at all. That crosses off why we don't and won't have a BCSO at all.

In addition everyone apart of LEO factions are likely fine with how it's setup currently, and changing it would only

cause a pointless headache that wouldn't improve and even further separate some of the LEO factions and their current connections.

I recommend you read through server continuity so you'll have further context on how the server is set up currently.

Edited by etherair
  • Upvote 3

The LSSD does actively patrol LS, and I’ve probably see as many patrolling the city as I see PD members. One of the two stations are based in LS. 

As for adding a new LEO faction, I think that sd, pd, and park rangers are enough for general law enforcement roleplay, and adding something like the BCSO would just stretch the player base out. If there were to be another LEO faction added I think it should either be something investigative in nature or a SADCR based faction.  

I mean, you put effort on your suggestion, we as a community sure appreciate the passion.

However, as you may understand, your 5 hours of RP in a server that has been alive for years and years won't give you the perspective or insight to suggest anything good.

Keep playing and find out more about the server!

I actually disagree.

You can argue that "the real  life counterpart does this, and so that's how we should do it too" but I think it would definitely feel more realistic if the county sheriffs only patrolled outside of the city, and only had jurisdiction there. It would make for a lot of interesting RP, having pursuits have to switch from LSPD to Sheriffs depending on where you take a pursuit.

But I believe this is something you'd have to take up IC through means of the state and city government. 🤪

• Upvote 1
On 2/19/2022 at 7:57 AM, Ukkometso said:

I actually disagree.

You can argue that "the real  life counterpart does this, and so that's how we should do it too" but I think it would definitely feel more realistic if the county sheriffs only patrolled outside of the city, and only had jurisdiction there. It would make for a lot of interesting RP, having pursuits have to switch from LSPD to Sheriffs depending on where you take a pursuit.

But I believe this is something you'd have to take up IC through means of the state and city government. 🤪

-

Edited by PeopleKind