Make the map mod optional

Like others have mentioned in this thread, there is no way to make the map mod optional because RAGEMP simply doesn't work that way with how they handle server-side mods. In my opinion the map mod should be removed if people with normal texture settings are unable to read anything on the minimap, clearly it should have been tested across all GTA V settings before implementing the mod.

Either way, I'll have to agree and say just remove the map mod if people with normal settings are having issues with the map, I get it we shouldn't cater to people who plays in all low settings and no shadows but normal settings are fine and there's no reason for them to make their game more laggy just so they can read the minimap. Instead, upload the map mod in the forums so if people wish to use it, they can.

On 1/28/2022 at 5:52 PM, Late said:

I wasn't aware it wasn't physically possible to toggle, if that's the case then i'd be in favor of keeping it.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:44 PM, Swag said:

Keep it.

9 hours ago, Lindsie said:

Keep it, long as the mushyness is fixed.

But why? Making it client side will allow those who like it to keep it and those who don't like it to install their own preferred version of the map. Why would you force it on every single player for no reason?

• 2 weeks later...