Prohibit shooting right behind your car from the front seats of the car.

For all I know, many scenarios in which the game mechanic is (ab)used already fall under the powergaming rule; Such as ripping 2 taps mid-driving or generally shooting from a vehicle without any emote due to the absence of actual drive-by animations like those in GTA San Andreas and lacking sync of RAGE MP.

9 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

SINCE IT'D BE IMPOSSIBLE IN REAL LIFE TO SHOOT LIKE THAT FROM THE FRONT SEATS, PROHIBIT IT.

Turning your body around and shooting at a cop parked behind you isn't impossible at all. You can totally do that in real life. Sure, your aim wouldn't be that good and it's probably a terrible idea anyways, but it's not impossible.

9 hours ago, Inked said:

snip

Calling it a game concession is like saying I should be allowed to jump 3 floors and not RP injuries because script-wise I didn't get downed. Ridiculous.

People can't no-look headshot in real life. Your character's not John Wick. 

Edited by pateuvasiliu
1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Calling it a game concession is like saying I should be allowed to jump 3 floors and not RP injuries because script-wise I didn't get downed. Ridiculous.

People can't no-look headshot in real life. Your character's not John Wick. 

Oh I see. You’re basing your entire argument on the rockstar animation lol. 

You’re simply wrong and I can’t be bothered.

this would be really hard to enforce, but what about instead having some kind of delay where when you aim from inside a vehicle, you're unable to shoot for a few seconds, and you have to hold the aim until you can shoot - that way it simulates the person getting their aim on target rather than just instantly putting a gun up and firing a precise line of bullets, also gives others time to react to a gun getting pulled up at them while the person steadies their aim.

either that or force some kind of aim penalty to those within a vehicle, like a forced swaying or some shit. i understand the problem but it's hard to tackle with how GTA has no real need for intense accuracy skill.

I don't think this is a good idea, honestly. It is very possible to turn around and shoot people through the rear windshield of a car. If anything, any smart person who's put in such a situation would rather shoot through than leave their vehicle and be exposed to whoever's behind the car and posing a theat to them.

However, I do think that we could do something about this. We have the recoil functionality now. Make it so that the first few such shots have a higher recoil, since no one would be able to perfetly aim over their shoulder, or half-twisted in their seats. Once the first few shots are shot, though, it can be considered that the person adopted a more appropriate stance that wouldn't modify their recoil (or even improve it, if they were to prop their weapons up on the seats.

I don't know whether this is possible, though, and I don't think it's that big of an issue to warrant spending time on.

1 hour ago, Inked said:

You’re simply wrong and I can’t be bothered.

Good luck with that attitude.

Admins have ruled against people abusing animations in the past, such as people who used 'C' to look behind them and line up a headshot while being chased. This is no different.

Edited by pateuvasiliu