Limit /fixveh to nearby vehicles only

mj2002

Although I understand why this has been suggested, I'll have to unsupport. My vehicles fall through my house garage all the time among other bugs. I'd rather not waste admins times on those reports if I can fix it myself.

If for instance my character has had a night out and decides to leave his vehicle somewhere then the next day I always get a taxi or friend to give me a lift

Although I usually support your suggestions, I am against this one. Bugs still happen, even though at a lower rate than they used to. I felt the need to add this comment after it had just happened to me.

Spoiler

I /vp'ed my car in front of my house and went to eat lunch, /changechar'ed and idled in that menu. When I came back, my car spawned all the way in South LS. I have only been to South LS once during the lifetime of this character, and that wasn't today. The car wasn't stolen, as it was despawned. If I didn't have /fixveh available, I would've had to /taxi, but there are no taxis online at this time, or /report, but there are no admins on-duty at this time. I could've also called a friend, but none of them were online either or taken a different vehicle, but my character only owns one vehicle. If /fixveh wasn't available, I would've had to either log off or literally run halfway across the city. And this is a light case, I've had it happen when my car spawned on the other side of the map. It's more rare but removing /fixveh would be a literal pain.

NoOmDX7.png 

no thanks fixveh is really useful.

its good that you can fixveh your car to your many spawn points 
I use plenty taxi anyway

u spawn at different places to do mapping for example and then you can use (abuse) fixveh to start your rp from there.

or sometimes you can use fixveh to spawn a vehicle you need oocly.

Or just save you from running for 50 minutes.

it'll just be an annoyance and time waster forcing you to do a lot more driving when you don't want to, I'll drive even worse then.

• Wuhtah locked this topic