Amend Property Selling Rules

Jura

I didn’t agree with the latest rule changes regarding how much people can sell a property for and saw the damage it would cause.

Allowing players to sell a property for whatever they deem fit is not a good solution to seeing more properties on the market.

Have more people decided to sell their property? Sure, after they’ve realised they could get a fat stack of profit for owning the house since 1819.

We are all supposed to roleplay our assets accordingly, how can you ask us that when people have to use script money that they’ve gained from other characters in order to buy a house because some average joe is charging far and beyond what it would and should be selling for.

This isn’t a thread to whine about me not being able to pay the big bucks, it’s about people being given permission to sell properties for stupid amounts which people will pay for and have proven on the countless threads. 

Its pricing people out of roleplay in certain areas they want to live in and this isn’t okay.

A Sandy Shores trailer should not be selling for anywhere near $600,000, nor would anyone realistically pay that much. A house in Paleto wouldn’t sell for above $1mil either, but because there’s such a lack of housing in these areas and the update rules, they do sell for these obscene prices. 

The property sale rules need amending. The previous cap of x3 MP + furniture price wasn’t the best and I would suggest to go to x2 MP + furniture price.

Edited by Jura
  • Upvote 1

The biggest problem imo is the fact that houses in "rare areas" are worth so ridiculously much. Why is a trailer in Sandy Shores worth so much more than the average city apartment? Why are Paleto Bay houses being sold for even more? It doesn't make any sense. And Mirror Park houses too. Mirror Park isn't even that high end of a neighborhood, the houses there don't even look that big. It's more of a middle class neighborhood. it doesn't make sense for houses there to be literally the kings of houses on the server, selling for millions or being used to trade for entire businesses. 

Anyone out there selling their Sandy or Paleto house for more than 300k or using them to trade for nightclubs or bars in the city is just silly. Those houses shouldn't be worth that much.

10 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Think the issue would solve itself if obtaining houses via PM requests wasn't so much of a hassle. Also mapping/modding houses in those priority areas would definitely help a lot. 

Honestly houses in Paleto, Sandy and other highly sought after areas should be done via PM request only but that would require a lot of work from an already strained PM team.

But it would combat people hoarding properties that aren't suitable for their character.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Think the issue would solve itself if obtaining houses via PM requests wasn't so much of a hassle

This here.

And to clarify before anything thinks I am staff-bashing (in fact as can be read up on other threads, I do think house requests if executed right are the remedy, after all):

The issue is - and I have massive reason to believe staff has a blind spot here as this issue does not concern them, being able to look up lists or move ooc- that as someone looking for a house for my character through house apps, I have no selection given.

Like, absolutely zero orientiation which properties are available on the market.

To find out whether a house is possible available, I have to drive up in character, check the adress at the door, (and if it's player owned already), and then have an admin verify for me whether or not this property is in use (as not everyone has platin mapping to clearly indicate it is, and some newly given out properties are yet unmapped).

Personally, the support from staff side was okay and the app handled in time, for that part- the real reason I don't yet have a house for my character is that after being denied the biggest possibly available one to no surprise, I was left to randomly check up on further houses on my own, and this was a real hassle, as it effectively forced me to break my role to legitly walk up to random porches to check the adress (and if it's occupied).

It's not 4-8 weeks waiting time or the fact I have to provide money for my character for a house that's off putting, or the possibility of denial that puts me off-

but the simple fact looking for a house is an rp breaker.

Like, looking for a house via house requests is an rp breaker (unless you're in so close touch with staff they help you swiftly anytime. I know for a matter of fact however even our ic mayor struggled picking, so that is not on me!).

Unironically, real estate roleplay could help pm a big way I think- lists of free houses could be published ic sparing staff workload to check up on property status for players, and safe work on apps as people wouldn't double-apply if they simply knew House X is not free anymore.

and of course, a quick actual ic impression of a potential buyer might tell more than a carefully crafted application to the staff member interacting but I get I am thinking too far out of the box here now.

The list is needed, however.

From personal observation the only thing this 6 month rule has done is encourage inactive players do to bare min on that char to keep there house until they can flip it for a massive payload that only other characters who have that much money can buy. Existing players who already had their properties that long suddenly had the ability to charge ridiculous amounts that didn't necessarily go back into the economy if they put it towards a housing request instead. 

My suggestion:

Add a price cap for the different areas to reflect the income levels properly for example. 

2x MP + furn cost + area value = total cap. 

Though I thought this is was built into the MP already. 

Yes, some ppl might get screwed because it might be lower than what they paid but maybe PM could give them the difference to make up for the rule change since some of the money going into housing requests will disappear from the I game economy since resale of those houses isn't an option. 

Edited by fivexfiver