Remove the Paleto Bay divider

WatchingEye

14 minutes ago, Leggy3 said:

The Paleto bay divider makes it so you have to drive halfway to grapeseed and illegally U turn to access the farmlands, Up-and-atom rest stop and anything else seaside past the gas station. In town the barrier is a a nuisance that just clutters up the Paleto Bay. 100% should be removed as it’s just obstructive.

Supported as a Paleto Bay resident.

4 minutes ago, doble_brown said:

Just remove the ones that near the entrances of the farms.

^ This, actually.

I love the dividers for many reasons, but this one reason is actually why I'd rather have it removed. If you can remove parts of it, then that'd be appreciated.

The divider has a strongly British design - it resembles motorway dividers I saw surrounding London or highways under long-term repaving in large cities but does not resemble rural American highway dividers in the slightest. The median, or "two-way left turn lane" lane in American road law is an important roadway feature for emergency vehicles, complex turns into and out of unmarked roads and driveways, and in rare cases for vehicles who have suffered from collision or engine trouble that are unable to make it to the shoulder. American highways, if they have a divider, typically have a single jersey barrier like the highways in central LS. Barriers like this are almost never put onto roadways on two-three lane rural highways and especially within the limits of rural communities, as they interfere with traffic flow. If highway engineers feel that median access is dangerous or undesired, it often has a single barrier line put in place to still provide shoulders OR is built with an unpaved median with metal-rail barriers. Barriers of any type in America tend to be reserved to areas with substantial amounts of traffic, so as to not waste taxpayer money. Paleto Bay is certainly not a high traffic place, and racers are prevalent in many other areas of the map such as Route 68 or Sandy which have received no such changes.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F7d%2F38%2Fb88c1c0b44b3b4a368077399f616%2Fsd-me-sandag-funding-09.JPG

Highway-99-Deadliest-Central-Valley.jpg

I think, in order to better represent the accuracy of American roadways, the median barrier be removed entirely or at least substantially reduced. Autodrive also has a habit of steering vehicles into collision with the existing barriers. Many left-hand turns are completely cut off along its length, requiring detours - in some cases ones of great length all the way to Grapeseed - or illegal U-turns in order to achieve.

Edited by Hjorthorn
  • Upvote 6
1 hour ago, thekillergreece said:

It looks fine. Plus, it will discourage racers from racing like there's no tomorrow.

If you think that a barrier being placed on a straight road that's already perfect for drag racing is going to stop street racing, I'd like to interest you in some mattress insurance.

• Applaud 1

They wouldn't be so bad if they had more breaks in them, especially near businesses like the diner and 24/7 just north of the town. Theyre also annoying as a cop when you can't do highway U turns. Either create more of these breaks to make the town and businesses more accessible, or remove them entirely please.

Edited by Conway

As someone who resides by Paleto, I'm 50/50 on this. To all of you who complain how far you have to go to just to make a u-turn, you should be asking yourselves from a realistic point of view, does the LAW even allow it, considering there's no sign for you to do so. There's your answer. I'd even suggest having speed bumps because of the street racers and because of the animal NPC's that sometimes make it even further down on the next street.  The looks are kind of crude, yes, but maybe they could be replaced with standard road dividers/metal dividers? 

1696747221_GrandTheftAutoVScreenshot2021_06.25-05_06_07_07.png

Edited by SarcasmJoy

Supporting. I work for a trucking company based in Paleto and these barriers are making entering the HQ parking lot extremely annoying, especially when driving the larger trucks. These trucks are not meant to do U-turns in one lane of road. It doesn't work.

Oh yeah, they also don't look very good. Kinda ruins the quiet, peaceful, small countryside town vibe Paleto is meant to have.

• Wuhtah locked this topic