Buff the shotgun / shotguns in general.

Nullish

Short description:  Buff the damage of the shotgun, but ensure that the damage falls over very quickly at longer ranges. OR, add a knock down when hit.

Detailed description: 
The shotgun is a firearm that is often used in close quarters situations. It is historically and currently, known to be one of the best firearms one can purchase for home defense. This is due to ease of use, effectiveness, and the inability in penetrate walls / cause unintended harm due to it's common ammunition types.  Currently, based on all the footage and use I've seen of the shotgun, it's not the case. Even with new sync updates, it still seems to match up horribly against most firearms.

I think this could be solved one of two ways.

1) Add a much higher damage on the shotgun. Realistically, one blast to center mass from close range, SHOULD put someone down.
2) Add a ragdoll effect when you're hit by a shotgun. This is course, due to the pure force of being blasted with a shotgun at close range.

Right now, in my eyes, shotguns are purely an aesthetic thing. People want them IC because they are meant to be used for home defense, despite the MANY other uses a shotgun has (Hunting, sport, fun). Make the shotgun viable / decent. 

While you're at it, add more shotguns in like you've done for pistols. For RP flavor.

How would your suggestion improve the server?:

Shotguns would be useful instead of horrible money sinks that don't suit the intended purpose.

Additional information:

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2