why does the city feel dead?

ZaE

25 minutes ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

Do you not see the irony in your statement? What normal person carries around 50k in cash, that is very unrealistic to do. 

If you want to discuss bringing realism back to the server, I'm all for it. We can start with the unrealistically high murder rate. Until then, realism seems a bit of a past-time around here.

As for the cash... At the time there was the reassurance of the limit existing, so I was more than able to reward people for genuinely good roleplay, even if they weren't expecting anything at all.

If they genuinely wanted all of the money I had at the time, they could have met an exceptionally low bar of a line or two more than "run yo pockets cuh" or "/me does a full patdown/stripsearch".

Instead there was yet again a push for a change in meta to strongarm any way possible around roleplaying to get a reward.

That they went to such lengths to get every possible penny, only to instead drop the potential gains from at least a regular five thousand to nothing at all is an irony I can see and appreciate quite well.

EDIT: Actually... your response has provoked some further consideration. I might still be able to make this system work, while simultaneously carrying no actual cash. This is good news.

Edited by DasFroggy
17 hours ago, Cardinal said:

Well we can make the city feel more alive when we promote places as Hubs, maybe the stoned Street in Rodeo or idk what else.

There is a belief that hubs are bad and that the server is better without them.  Mallrats, Idlestacks and all that.

7 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

There is a belief that hubs are bad and that the server is better without them.  Mallrats, Idlestacks and all that.

On top of that, any time a hub starts to form, certain somebodies will show up and act like they own the place, even escalating to a shootout if their provocations meet any resistance.

Just look at the reports from nightclub incidents. If places under active guard aren't immune to these disruptive incursions, how's a group of unarmed persons in the open going to fare any better?

7 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

On top of that, any time a hub starts to form, certain somebodies will show up and act like they own the place, even escalating to a shootout if their provocations meet any resistance.

Just look at the reports from nightclub incidents. If places under active guard aren't immune to these disruptive incursions, how's a group of unarmed persons in the open going to fare any better?

It's more fun than the current status quo known as "Fuck all". Would rather have a Pizza Stack type place than nothing at all.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

It's more fun than the current status quo known as "Fuck all". Would rather have a Pizza Stack type place than nothing at all.

Except that people have been and still are trying to set up Pizza Stack type places. "Fuck all" isn't what people are doing, it's what we're getting as an end result when a Pizza Stack type place opens only to get overrun with crime before it can really set up, and that's after jumping all of the OTHER hurdles to get there in the first place.

What makes it doubly hilarious is that this was exactly the problem predicted when the criminal community leaned all in on extortion. Businesses are drying up, because it's just not safe enough to go to one, much less actually operate one.

If you think where we're at as a community now is doing "Fuck all", man, just you wait to see what it's like when we REALLY lose momentum...

Edited by DasFroggy