why does the city feel dead?

ZaE

2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I've never seen a robbery in a crowded area, unless it were to be a group of people robbing a whole business when it's open.

You really think that you'd be robbed if you were outside with 15 other witnesses present? Most robberies happen when places are desolate.

no!!! those god damn illegal rpers will rob anywhere!! god!!!!

1 minute ago, DLimit said:

I've never seen a robbery in a crowded area, unless it were to be a group of people robbing a whole business when it's open.

You really think that you'd be robbed if you were outside with 15 other witnesses present? Most robberies happen when places are desolate.

That just means the first people to try and make places not desolate, are going to be robbed while waiting for more people to show up and make the place not desolate.

I've been robbed three times in less than an hour trying to do exactly what you're suggesting. You know what the argument becomes then?

"If you're afraid of robberies, don't go outside."

Okay then, guess which vastly easier and more immediately successful option I'm going to go with. 

1 minute ago, ZaE said:

no!!! those god damn illegal rpers will rob anywhere!! god!!!!

I don't even think the BF400 noobs would rob a block that's riddled with people, to be honest. Even if they did? Report for non-fear RP... not even the dumbest of criminals would try to rob a person with 20 other witnesses present.

Just now, DasFroggy said:

That just means the first people to try and make places not desolate, are going to be robbed while waiting for more people to show up and make the place not desolate.

I've been robbed three times in less than an hour trying to do exactly what you're suggesting. You know what the argument becomes then?

Okay then, guess which vastly easier and more immediately successful option I'm going to go with. 

And in doing so yall are making the city dead, there is no reason to get on and play if I cant rp with others..nobody is gonna rob a packed place, and i doubt every single one of yall are scAreD oF roBBerIEs

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Three times in an hour... must be bad luck, and I've RP'd outside for hours upon hours, on end. In the past 8 months? Might've been robbed, twice.

On a serious note, where do these robberies even occur?

Edited by DLimit
Just now, ZaE said:

And in doing so yall are making the city dead, there is no reason to get on and play if I cant rp with others..nobody is gonna rob a packed place, and i doubt every single one of yall are scAreD oF roBBerIEs

Alright then. Guess we're back at square one.

Have fun with an empty city.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

where do these robberies even occur?

outside of davis with people coming from davis, apparently. i have yet to have anyone besides one person supply an actual piece of evidence to this "robbery chain!" epidemic, @DasFroggy seems like they just wanna ride the wave of saying robberies are bad, im not even trying to be a dick im just baffled at how many people swear there are so many robberies but i was in game all weekend for 20+ hours and wasnt robbed once

6 minutes ago, ZaE said:

outside of davis with people coming from davis, apparently. i have yet to have anyone besides one person supply an actual piece of evidence to this "robbery chain!" epidemic, @DasFroggy seems like they just wanna ride the wave of saying robberies are bad, im not even trying to be a dick im just baffled at how many people swear there are so many robberies but i was in game all weekend for 20+ hours and wasnt robbed once

I've had hood characters, outside, for hours on end... never robbed once (Davis).

I've had civilian characters, outside, for hours on end... never robbed once. (Davis).

I was robbed in Sandy Shores, twice, in the past 8 months. In the city? Not once, in the past 8 months.

I think robberies have declined, in general, in 2021... not because "people stay inside all day", but because there's stricter enforcement on robberies AND gang-RP quality has risen compared to 2020.

In past past? Couldn't walk through a hood without getting pressed and robbed. Now? It's more of a friendlier vibe IF you don't act suspicious.

Edited by DLimit
16 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Three times in an hour... must be bad luck, and I've RP'd outside for hours upon hours, on end. In the past 8 months? Might've been robbed, twice.

On a serious note, where do these robberies even occur?

This incident happened on the pier, just near that entry to the section with the amusement rides. First incident happened when someone insisted I hand over my whole inventory of my locked contract phone and three dollars. About fifteen minutes later (I was waiting for the police to arrive) another individual approached and demanded the same. I didn't have anything to hand over, so they shoved my character and ran off.

The third was the best. About half an hour after, a four door black sedan pulled up, three people masked, and insisted that I either get in or get shot. Obviously I complied. They drove out to the Lighthouse, and insisted on a stripsearch stopping only when I told them in /b I was uncomfortable with the request. Instead they settled for violently beating down my character and leaving her out there on the back road.

At this point I've completely abandoned the notion of serious criminal interactions with my civilian character. I just assume ahead of time that it's a comedy, and that makes the encounters much more tolerable.

The greatest irony is that said character is a public defender, so these people are literally beating up someone that'll probably be defending them in court someday.

12 minutes ago, ZaE said:

@DasFroggy seems like they just wanna ride the wave of saying robberies are bad

Actually, there used to be a time when robberies were good. It wasn't about what you had, it was about developing characters. Something caused a sharp downward turn in quality, but I doubt it'll be fixed, as there's very little actual support for implementing or restoring any measures that one side of the community might find "inconvenient".

It's not just a one-sided perspective either. I run a pretty successful car theft ring, and make it a habit of keeping business exclusively limited to clients that don't escalate to unnecessary violence. That proved to be a surprisingly large target demographic, though it also helped me see just how much low quality robbery roleplay is happening too.

Edited by DasFroggy