The Park Rangers Discussion

aughh capybara

This discussion is pointless at this point and people are just plain rude and bashing the faction they were meant to give their opinion about. You should be objective and say what you think of the Rangers within their current bounds from LFM and not start making up potential restrictions or whatever. That's not what this topic is for.

7 hours ago, eTaylor said:

And police literally camping your spawn, lab, compound and home.

I doubt that it is intentional, because we generally don't handle high risk situations as meth labs. These situations often involve a lot of deadly gun crime and organized crime, and are often immediately handed over to the LSSD or LSPD.

By this way of thinking we should just have one single law enforcement faction that does everything. I never thought I'd be openly going to bat for the SAPR, but honestly I feel a lot of this is misguided and the OP and subsequent comments are coming at this from a really poor angle. 

I would consider myself one of the most apprehensive people when the park rangers first opened, being very cautious as I believed it was simply going to be another LEO faction and force its way into the Sheriff's Department's realm. My opinion changed whilst leading the LSSD for the first ~6 months of SAPR's existence, we've maintained great relations and they've served to enhance the compliment the Sheriff's roleplay in rural areas and vice versa. In fact, it's not uncommon for Park Rangers to enhance roleplay for people roleplaying in rural areas, illegal civilian and other LEO's. There may be some good points here about some concerns with day-to-day operations, but unless it's a systemic issue that can't be resolved with some quick changes, it doesn't necessarily justify the eradication of the faction. Every opening and closing of a new legal faction should be weighed in a pros/cons analysis, and in the context what are the benefits of closing down the Park Rangers when their existence is a net good in the server even if you don't see it personally? 

I don't see how you being inconvenienced while farming wildlife like it's an OOC minigame ("hunting runs") justifies the closure of a faction entirely. Hunting is not here to "farm money" but to create outdoor, hunting roleplay with a little bit of financial incentive on the back end. 

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Sush said:

I'm seeing a lot of people say this with certainty while at the same time not understanding what Park Rangers actually do, where they patrol, what their mandate is, etc. To quote a user earlier in this thread "Reform is needed in my opinion. I'm not educated on the topic."

I was in it, like I said I felt like it wasn't bad at first but I felt like SD's lapdog, no offense to them - within reason it makes sense. It's SD's job.

Nowadays PR feels like SD part 2/SD Junior, how many people actually hunt anymore? They do the same thing SD would be doing there.

People are annoyed of the rangers always being up your ass every time you're out in the wilderness, think about real life -

when you're hunting or fishing or anything how many park rangers do you see if any at all?

Also it feels like they just anticipate something exciting to happen like a shooting or a chase.

Like most, I was at first a huge advocate for SAPR, and I loved the idea and thought it was great - in the beginning.

I seen great things in the beginning of it, it felt like good, passive LEO RP. 

Now idk what to say about it anymore.

Change.

I don't understand why the opening of this thread is claiming issues with SAPR for the whole hunting thing.  

Don't treat the hunting job like a script money farm. It's meant to be a good RP experience. Not a way to bring in $$$.

Outside of that honestly I don't have much interaction with SAPR, but I don't feel like this thread is particularly genuine in its attempt to address problems with SAPR, rather, it's blaming them for getting in the way of OOC money farming "hunting runs?" 

My few interactions with SAPR have, however, been pleasant and nice and a decent experience thus far. 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic