Lose memories - PK or not PK

Sons

I have looked at many PK related topics and my questions are as follows: 

Why characters lose their memories and get PK'ed, if they haven't even been hit in the head? 

What about players who were transported to the hospital, but they got hit in the head, why they should remember who shot them?

Maybe we should change it, how do you think about it?

Questions have arisen to investigate a range of issues including inaccuracies in terms of roleplay, especially related to the GTA game

Edited by Sons
Just now, Sons said:

Why characters lose their memories and get PK'ed, if they haven't even been hit in the head? Maybe we should change it, how do you think about it?

What about players who were transported to the hospital, but they got hit in the head, why they should remember who shot them?

Questions have arisen to investigate a range of issues including inaccuracies in terms of roleplay, especially related to the GTA game

What?

If you mean the concept of Memory Kill, trying to influence it on somebody by pure physical trauma dealt to the head is PG. You can't force anyone to not remember the details of the incident by something that isn't a hundred percent guarantee. Further on, people rarely survive a headshot that hits on-point. If the person survived then the bullet had force to it so small it was stopped by the skull or it was just a graze wound. And PK, seen as an alternative to CK, is you dying but instead of blocking your character you lose memories of who and where, connected to the incident you got PK'd over.

Edited by kerszer

It's called PK for a reason. Your character died in the encounter. As you might know there's two states of injured, "this player is wounded" and "this player is dead". If you're "wounded" then you can survive, if it says that you're "dead" then you can't survive. Simple as that.
If you get PK'ed and you /acceptdeath to respawn at the hospital, why would you be able to remember anything? You literally accepting the fact that you died (PK) by typing in "/acceptdeath".
It doesn't matter if you got hit in the head once, you still can survive if you're in the wounded state. (depending on the damage you took)

So it's a no from me, the current system is good in my opinion.

Edited by Zt4e
12 minutes ago, Harbinger said:

A PK means they have been killed. They haven't survived the encounter. If they get brought to the hospital and survive, they're still alive and thus can remember what happened to them. A corpse can't remember much.

Just now, Zt4e said:

It's called PK for a reason. Your character died in the encounter. As you might know there's two states of injured, "this player is wounded" and "this player is dead". If you're "wounded" then you can survive, if it says that you're "dead" then you can't survive. Simple as that.
If you get PK'ed and you /acceptdeath to respawn at the hospital, why would you be able to remember anything? You literally accepting the fact that you died (PK) by typing in "/acceptdeath"

Totally understand it, but why you can get PK'ed when someone shoot the only, for example hand instead of the head? For example someone shot you only in the hand so survival is more likely than being shot in the head

8 minutes ago, kerszer said:

If you mean the concept of Memory Kill, trying to influence it on somebody by pure physical trauma dealt to the head is PG. You can't force anyone to not remember the details of the incident by something that isn't a hundred percent guarantee. Further on, people rarely survive a headshot that hits on-point. If the person survived then the bullet had force to it so small it was stopped by the skull or it was just a graze wound. And PK, seen as an alternative to CK, is you dying but instead of blocking your character you lose memories of who and where, connected to the incident you got PK'd over.

Yea, it's memory kill thing. I know that, but usually, players get a PK and don't remember what happens, because it results from the regulations and this is obvious, but for example, if EMS saves the player, so the player remembers everything even though he got the bullet in the head

32 minutes ago, Sons said:

Totally understand it, but why you can get PK'ed when someone shoot the only, for example hand instead of the head? For example someone shot you only in the hand so survival is more likely than being shot in the head

A PK means you died, if you’re PK’ed after being shot in the hand you’re dead. If you survive that shot, you’re not PK’ed. 

48 minutes ago, Sons said:

Yea, it's memory kill thing. I know that, but usually, players get a PK and don't remember what happens, because it results from the regulations and this is obvious, but for example, if EMS saves the player, so the player remembers everything even though he got the bullet in the head

If a player RPs surviving a bullet to the head, that's powergaming.

1 hour ago, Sons said:

Why characters lose their memories and get PK'ed, if they haven't even been hit in the head? 

Maybe we should change it, how do you think about it?

Huh?

The current system is perfectly fine. If you find someone surviving a shot to the head (if they're in a downed state) then that is powergaming and I suggest you to report it. 

38 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

If a player RPs surviving a bullet to the head, that's powergaming.

Around 10% of people who take a gunshot wound to the head survive.

I tend not to get into shootouts because I find them dull and boring but doesn’t the script apply more damage to headshots thus catering to the effect they’re more deadly than getting shot in the hand?

If not then they probably should.

• Wuhtah locked this topic