Speed cameras! Again.

mj2002

1 minute ago, Vassilios said:

Have you ever submitted an RPQM report? Because I did one like 3 weeks ago and no response yet, and it's for something more serious than people running red lights. There's no reason to add more to the backlog for no reason.

/call 911 Say Racer, speeding, Los Santos and you activate the ultimate hunters.

2 hours ago, Kaz said:

The people that do this don't care about a ticket, it will change nothing.

Sure, a single ticket is nothing. But a second and third offense rack up the fine and add a license suspension and vehicle impound.

On top of that, unpaid citations can lead to seizures and arrests issued by courts.

Paying $2.000 may not hurt, but having your character arrested or your fancy sports car taken away does.

In that case, why not add something for the players too. Radar detectors like Valentine One are ridiculously easy to buy and they are incredibly accurate too. Tests have shown them going off a good half mile away from a trooper running radar on a highway, because radar bounces. These same devices also pick up on the radar that speed cameras and signs give off. And yes, there is a cold war game of some police (in states that ban detectors) developing detector-detecting devices, and detector companies developing detector-detector-detecting software.

Just make it even. If they get tools like that, civilians should be able to buy something they can use to get a few seconds to slow down.

Because it's GTAW and even if some people do deserve a smack for non-rp racing and drifting at 100mph everywhere, everyone speeds a little.

19 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

It's known who took which car and there's tracking of that in the system if I am not wrong, so when an officer takes a car it is known which one he took.

And partnered units? What if I'm driving someone else's car, because they got injured?

C'mon. 

No, it shouldn't work on LEO/FD cars. You sometimes speed without ELS on for various reasons.

2 hours ago, Anders said:

Have you ever spoken with a cop? You run a red light, cop flags you down. They don't "apply" for warrants, what? 

I'm talking about a situation where you get pulled over by a cop in regards to a minor traffic offense and you evade the traffic stop. In this case, the pursuit will be terminated because it's too dangerous and simply not worth it.

1 hour ago, Vassilios said:

Have you ever submitted an RPQM report? Because I did one like 3 weeks ago and no response yet, and it's for something more serious than people running red lights. There's no reason to add more to the backlog for no reason.

The last RPQM report I posted had a month between the last report (of three) and the conclusion. In total the report took just shy of 3 months.

I personally think that speed cameras would not be the right way to do this. Would it send tickets to R/O's of the vehicles, or would it send a ticket to the driver somehow? If it sends tickets to R/O's of the vehicles, then it would be quite difficult to contest it unless they keep proof of what they're doing all the time at any given time. If it sends a ticket to the driver somehow, then these cameras would be metagaming (how do they know instantly which person it is?)

If the aim is to lower the incidence of non-RP speeding, then I think the solution IMO beside the obvious admin-intervention would be to give law enforcement better tools to deal with it, such as one of those police radars that can detect the speed of cars on oncoming and current lane, as it exists IRL:

Police Radar: How Radar Works & How to Beat Speeding Tickets

As it stands, from my knowledge, trying to get the speed of certain vehicles is very difficult unless you're explicitly performing a speed trap. But, this may be another suggestion for another topic (one that may have been denied already - I'm unsure).

EDIT: If it's possibly too OP, allow it so only certain traffic divisions can use such a device, rather than everyone being able to use it? I'unno. If people are interested in this kind of suggestion instead, I can post a different topic for it if it hasn't been done before.

Edited by SaltyPython
clarifying
  • Wuhtah locked this topic