/attributes pls

Aquila

3 hours ago, TinPan said:

Since we're on the topic of attributes, putting in perfume/fragrance names in your attributes is absolutely retarded and contributes nothing. I don't know what the fuck Dior Sauvage or Chanel No. 5 smells like. I don't have a fucking global cologne collection next to my desk that I can use as reference for what your character smells like.

Preach. It's just lazy and doesn't help anyone, and it's basically saying "Jack is a white guy" with nothing more to add. 

/attributes is meant to be a description, so any scents have to be properly described, i.e. are they wearing a spicy, fruity, or woody perfume? Does it smell cheap, expensive, or average? Intoxicating or subtle? You'd think these people just Googled random names of perfumes instead of knowing what they smell like. 

It also doesn't help people who have anosmia. 

3 hours ago, TinPan said:

Since we're on the topic of attributes, putting in perfume/fragrance names in your attributes is absolutely retarded and contributes nothing. I don't know what the fuck Dior Sauvage or Chanel No. 5 smells like. I don't have a fucking global cologne collection next to my desk that I can use as reference for what your character smells like.

To look at it from another perspective: Maybe you don't recognize the smell but your character might recognize it, particularly in the case of famous fragrances. Chanel no. 5 is Chanel no. 5. If you want to know what it smells like, there's always google. Saying what perfume it is is probably more informative than describing it, and takes fewer words.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, TinPan said:

THIS, so much this! I have no idea what any of those perfumes are, just please describe the scent 😭

• Applaud 1

I've still yet to grasp the defense of bust sizes in attributes.
Do people understand that different clothing, different bras, different lighting, even can all change that perception? (And that's entirely ignoring that boob size is subjective based on the brand)

Why do I even need to know your breast size anyway, am I meant to use it in a police report? "The latina with 32BB tits robbed me and ran that way!"

• Upvote 2

There’s always gonna be a fine line between coming across as helpful and elitist as OP says. Whether you’re a player sending a PM or an Admin enforcing quality.

I don’t think what we’ve got now is amazing, but it’s ‘good enough’. Actively trollish attributes are dealt with and I rarely see any that’re straight up bad.

Plenty of ERP descriptions though o.o