Server increased draw distance

To keep or not to keep  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

It's already 250m as of today. Were you still having issue after its stream range nerf from 300m to 250m today (about 24 hours ago)?

Yes, I had issues yesterday driving through Legion/Mission Row. I do believe it is something to do with RageMP as Nervous did say they are working on a fix, but since then, silence (very typical from RageMP Dev'!)

13 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Without any mods, still issues around Mission Row / Legion at peak times, something that never happened before GTA:O update & RageMP update even when I had mods.

The new update did bring issues (you noticed the many crashes that happened the first days) until I managed to balance a good gameconfig, but even with a great gameconfig file as we have today, it doesn't "fix" all the issues, it just improves it and instead of crashing you're having texture losses.

5 minutes ago, Nervous said:

The new update did bring issues (you noticed the many crashes that happened the first days) until I managed to balance a good gameconfig, but even with a great gameconfig file as we have today, it doesn't "fix" all the issues, it just improves it and instead of crashing you're having texture losses.

I do recall you said that RageMP are working on a fix, any news on that front?

I doubt there is a fix, if you want to show "more", then more needs to be stored and memory fills up.  No way around that really.  The car show last night caused a lot of texture loss for me, I think the draw distance is fine right now but for big events I think we need the "other dimension" trick, where you have to press Y to enter the event.  Then people who don't want to visit it don't have vanishing textures when they get near.