Server increased draw distance

To keep or not to keep  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:47 PM, Bangi said:

I have no issues at all, and a fairly standard pc. 9th gen i5 and 1660 ti. I'd say keep it 350.

I feel like the people having issues probably have env mods lol.

That isn't a fairly standard PC lol, not for V players.

I have specs similar to yours, so it isn't coming from a place of envy, either. That's high specs for this playerbase.

Haven't seen a single issue related to performance nor texturing since this update, haven't had a single crash with i7 7700 \ 16GB RAM\ RX480 Nitro 8GB GDDR5.

I say keep it up.

@Quackhead - I must say,  I did bought a $5,000 new computer (Specs are in my profile's about) that should arrive very soon (sunday probably), mostly for this server (My current rig is old, outdated and low speaking of today's specs, I suffer from too many crashes and did this decision before I returned to GTA World, but the server was the breakpoint for my purchase - no doubt. 

Edited by root
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, root said:

Haven't seen a single issue related to performance nor texturing since this update, haven't had a single crash with i7 7700 \ 16GB RAM\ RX480 Nitro 8GB GDDR5.

I say keep it up.

@Quackhead - I must say,  I did bought a $5,000 new computer (Specs are in my profile's about) that should arrive very soon (sunday probably), mostly for this server (My current rig is old, outdated and low speaking of today's specs, I suffer from too many crashes and did this decision before I returned to GTA World, but the server was the breakpoint for my purchase - no doubt. 

5k wtf did u get for 5k

1 hour ago, thekillergreece said:

300m is fine imo. NVE and other such mods need to be removed as they are reportedly the main suspects behind the texture loss.

Majority voted for 350-300m, so... Plus, many players don't have the above mentioned issues even though they use weak specs.

250m will only bring back the same old issues we had.

You're clearly invested in this from the 9 posts you've made on this topic. 250 had no issues whatsoever, now 300 is here and 350 was there, everyone is experiencing an FPS drop and a decent amount including myself on a 6GB card. It should be fair to everyone or no one. You don't need to flood the forums to drown out the sheer amount of people who are experiencing issues. 350 and 300 are excellent to those who it works for, but the iceberg of the playerbase, who I know plenty are having this issue, and a lot are in this thread, it's not working for them. 

Revert it back to normal for the sake of the affected people who are having their immersion crushed by technical glitches, and whoever has specs or a game that can happily sit them with room to spare, let them take the -50m hit. Let more people be heard instead of reiterating yourself on every page. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I've been running on a 3090 and i9-9900k for near a year now. I never had major issues before unless there were 30-40+ people around. Since the update, with no other changes to my system or game, my map and textures are constantly just gone, even with noone else around. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it not.

The extra range for me, both with and without NVE (Even going as far as to play vanilla and still getting same issues) have just fucked the game for me. I go near anyone and the world unloads lol.