Server increased draw distance

To keep or not to keep  

496 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, authentic lifestyle said:

get rid of 4k textured firetrucks, ambulances, police cars. My FPS literally falls about 25-35 frames when looking at them, it's clear as day as well. 

What is the actual need for extremely high res liveries anyway?

Can understand cop enthusiasts in single player wanting cars to look as real as possible in an environment that allows that but optimization should really be the priority here. Always hated the LEO bias in a lot of the mods that were implemented earlier in GTAW's lifetime, not too sure why it's still a thing.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, authentic lifestyle said:

get rid of 4k textured firetrucks, ambulances, police cars. My FPS literally falls about 25-35 frames when looking at them, it's clear as day as well. 

Every 2k+ livery on LEO vehicles were removed back in February. You guys need to stop spreading the rumour that LEO vehicles are causing the issues, it's every single modded vehicle, especially the 47 new vehicles we got recently.

43 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

Every 2k+ livery on LEO vehicles were removed back in February. You guys need to stop spreading the rumour that LEO vehicles are causing the issues, it's every single modded vehicle, especially the 47 new vehicles we got recently.

How is it a rumour? Go to East Los Santos, the firestation, you'll see a bunch of FD vehicles outside and look at their texture, start backing up from the vehicle and you will start noticing how the letters on the side of the vehicle start bugging out. They're 4k textured vehicles which look not only fucking ugly, but they also effect the performance of certain peoples computers.

I honestly don't mind sending you screenshots to show you how much FPS i get looking at those same vehicles, and how much I get looking away from those vehicles.

27 minutes ago, authentic lifestyle said:

How is it a rumour? Go to East Los Santos, the firestation, you'll see a bunch of FD vehicles outside and look at their texture, start backing up from the vehicle and you will start noticing how the letters on the side of the vehicle start bugging out. They're 4k textured vehicles which look not only fucking ugly, but they also effect the performance of certain peoples computers.

I honestly don't mind sending you screenshots to show you how much FPS i get looking at those same vehicles, and how much I get looking away from those vehicles.

How do you explain the fact that all 2k+ textures have been removed by the modding team then? It's not the LEO vehicles, it's the Tuner's update that broke the server. The server relies so much on mods that changing every vehicle back to vanilla would just limit a lot of roleplay and game mechanics. Blame rockstar instead of ranting.

11 hours ago, authentic lifestyle said:

There is no 4k textured vehicles, I'll tag @Oggy who can explain you better

The biggest issue with performance is the amount of assets you have to load. I don't think 50m is that big a difference, how many extra cars can that realistically be.

rather I think we should get rid of the modded cars that affect performance ( and this isn't just LEO/FD vehicles, I went to a car sale and my FPS dropped to 30 on an RTX 2060S ). Make cars despawn automatically after 1 hour of not being used.

21 hours ago, authentic lifestyle said:

They're 4k textured vehicles which look not only fucking ugly, but they also effect the performance of certain peoples computers.

We optimized all textures a few months ago (February according to the changelog), there are no 4K textures anymore. I'm glad to know you think they're ugly, but they have been ruled out to not be the issue specifically.