24/7 Items Revamp

ViVi23

5 hours ago, Ink said:

I agree with this suggestion. I used to also believe a good solution was to add cigarettes/booze to 24/7s and just to make them more expensive, a rather realistic approach.

However, this would be a bit imbalanced; it would make the 24/7 script unreasonably strong and it would further obsolete people working in other stores which specialize in these products. While it may seem like a nerf to have these products cost more at the 24/7, the bottom line is that it means the shop gets more sales which bring in a larger chunk of revenue than their competitors, and the employees working the store get a percentage cut of a larger sale. That means an employee working in a 24/7 making a 30% cut of a cigarettes sale, for instance, would be making more of a commission than an employee working in a tobacco store selling the same pack of cigarettes. 

There'd have to be some clever tweaking. If 24/7s could sell booze and cigarettes, some edge would naturally have to be granted to those specialized businesses to keep them interesting and competitive. Also, perhaps the component cost for these items should be more expensive for 24/7s than it is for other stores. It will then behoove them to give their employees smaller percentage cuts of sales if they want to make a profit.

Just some balancing ideas to consider for the developers.

Clubs would still purchase alcohol at liquor stores, as they're cheaper. 24/7 sales aren't bulk sales, they're usually a "6-pack" of beer and a pack of cigarettes. Main distributors will still outcompete 24/7s. Most 24/7s only give their labourers 10%-30% commission, as-well. Thus, it wouldn't be as profitable for workers, but a small added bonus.

Edited by DLimit
16 hours ago, Dom. said:

For fucks sake, yes. Tired of not being able to buy smokes at 24/7. SAN ANDREAS IS NOT IN EUROPE.

What? You can buy cigarettes in European convenience stores. Hell, you can buy cigarettes in European kebab shops. The problem is that, for some reason, our San Andreas is set in 2021 yet we have a 1900s store system where you can only buy cigarettes at a smoke shop. That's not how it works.

24/7s have boomboxes and cameras, but no cereal, cigarettes, or beer? That makes no sense. We don't live in the cowboy era where people travel 50 miles in horse and carriage to buy cigarettes at a tobacconist.

• Upvote 1

Tobacco stores, are in my opinion, are silly and they don't natively exist in the game — they should be removed in anything.

With that being said, however, I guess we could make cigarettes and alcohol be sold in 24/7's and LTDs but at a slightly higher price due to the convenience.

I believe that we should get the following items added to the 24/7's and LTD's:

- Canned Food

- Cereal

- Ice Cream

- Charcoal (probably useless, but might be helpful for DIY barbeques)

- Pizza

- Lard (MAYBE for food creation)

- Tea (combine it with water?)

- Cookies

- Soda (replace eCola and Sprunk with it so it's generic)

- Candy (replace chocolate bar with it)

- Coffee (via machine)

- Sludgie (machines)

- Beer

- Whisky

- Vodka

- Milk

- Fruit (keeping it simple instead of choosing banana, pineapple, apple, etc.)

- Lotto Card (maybe?)

- Cigarettes (keep it simple, there's no difference between them anyway)

- Potato Chips

- Lotion

I've compiled this list based on what I could find on the Wiki Fandom pages for 24/7's and LTD's.

Absolutely, to save the affected business, limit amount of items available or limit amount players can purchase of regulated (age-restricted) stuff like tobacco and alcohol. Make sure the script doesn't allow minors to buy alcohol and tobacco, based off /attributes age, or just make sure staff rules it as powergaming if it happens without proper roleplay anyway. (mainly when the script is used without a cashier)