People need to chill with aggressiveness, really. It's not healthy, have a break, have a kit kat.

Kappaurel

Well, after the incident number 5493 of the same kind, I just felt like I needed to kind of let it out in a post, I already did on discord.

There is an amount of aggressiveness in the server above and beyond any kind of reasonable standard. People whose only reaction to any situation, as stupid or harmless as it gets, is /me moved his/her hand to his/her waistband.

I really don't know if these people don't go out OOCly, or lack any kind of human interaction, but it just looks like their only response to life is VIOLENCE and HOSTILITY. They just want to pull their gun and aim at people, most times they don't even want to shoot (sometimes they do though), it's just like they want to force FEAR RP onto people who are providing ust a bit of roleplay, and totally kill the mood.

Example that literally just happened:

One guy enters a coffee shop, recording, and another comes in with a bat, yelling "I'M CRAZY, WAZAAA". Just two kids having fun, and my character who had heard them outside planning the "joke" literally explained "They are just recording and having fun"

Reaction by one of the men who were inside and totally heard me explain that they were harmless, just kids having fun? "Go be crazy somewhere else homie" /me moves his hand towards his waistline "Ten seconds homie, Nine, Eight..." and at the end of the countdown just pulled his gun.

This is DISGUSTING, I don't want to repeat myself over and over... but it feels like some people just have incredible amounts of OOC frustration in them and want to let them out in the game, ruining any kind of roleplay around them. They just want an excuse to pull their CCW out.

Guys, have a break, have a kitkat. No need to include your amazing shining CCW everywhere. Some people really need to research how normal human interaction happens, and it shows. Or at least research how guns and concealed carry in the U.S. is handled, they aren't aiming at people all day all night.

This comment I found summarizes it pretty well.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:51 AM, Jaskman220 said:

I'm scared to tell someone off just in case I get killed with 8 different kind of calibers.

Edited by Kappaurel

Sounds like a "It's just a prank bro!" situation.

"Normal human interaction" in that situation would typically be to call the police, I doubt the likely minimum wage employee slinging coffee wants to deal with some flat-footed kid swinging a baseball bat around customers while his friend records. 

But yeah, in OTHER situations people absolutely escalate things too quickly.

3 minutes ago, Kaz said:

That situation just sounds like America.

I do agree that people resort to guns way too quick.

I really don't think, from my observation, that states where concealed carry is handled like in San Andreas (concealed carry requires an exam and a reasoning to have CCW) are literally "people aiming at each other simulator"

It is likely to get worse as time goes on. With the excessive crime epidemic being tolerated, the people that avoid the use of the guns are either going to adapt and abandon restraint, or be forced out by those that already have.

It is an interesting sight to behold... 

18 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

It is likely to get worse as time goes on. With the excessive crime epidemic being tolerated, the people that avoid the use of the guns are either going to adapt and abandon restraint, or be forced out by those that already have.

If people didn’t feel the need to have a gun to get 3 feet to their car, people wouldn’t feel the need to have a gun all the time. 

Let’s not pretend that the other side doesn’t have the same issue with gang members escalating things just because “they are a hardened criminal and don’t take no disrespect” over absolutely nothing. It’s a two way street. 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Unfortunate that the thread discussing kidnappings and the crime situation was locked, not sure what's going to be done about it if anything. There's a good amount of people that think it's acceptable but we'll see in more time if this really is an issue or not.

Regarding escalation, I think people just really enjoy the gunplay on GTA V too in a different setting like a heavy RP server. Once you have the power of a gun, it really can get to your head. Unsure if people are taking out their OOC frustrations or not on others in an IC situation but nevertheless, I definitely think people can be wayyy too trigger-happy in my experience of playing GTA RP. I definitely hold my tongue sometimes in case they just decide to put a few rounds into me for something negative I say.

Surely a report would suffice no for poor RP and escalation? There's already people getting ajailed for that kind of stuff. Or are you suggesting that there needs to be some kind of 'culture shift' @Kappaurel?