Revived Sandy Shores.

idek

Just like my opinion man (god I love The Big Lebowski), but I've been RPing in Sandy and Paleto for a fair bit and it never really bothered me to not have the plastic surgeon place or other conveniences that the city has. Call me crazy, but I think the fact that the Northern part of the map is lacking a tad sort of adds to the RP experience if you choose to abide there. 

In terms of the North folk having to trek into the city like it's a big thing for their character (I myself RP enjoying life out in Sandy and Paleto/Grapeseed, the wildlife and smaller population (by that I mean the general idea of population IC, not to be confused with what you said about the expanded player base recently). I guess I can relate to, say, not many bars and too many players to cram inside. But so many times I've driven past a 24/7, trailer or park and locals or visitors just have a boombox and a stack of beer to pass around. I think the street/park party culture gives a nice mix against all of the bars and clubs in the city, so you have these two opposite locations that provide different but equally entertaining catalysts for whatever RP you choose. 

Maybe the idea of adding a new building or two wouldn't hurt, and trailers for residency, but again the idea of RPing living in and RV does have it's merits IC.

2 hours ago, mj2002 said:

If we'd be able to replace some wrecks with decent looking trailer props, it would go a long way. But this suggestion isn't the way forward.

I think it might be possible to turn some of the wrecks and abandoned homes into barely livable homes with some exterior mapping to fix windows and doors and patch holes. Of course then someone would buy them and try to map the inside into a modern penthouse but for really really grungy trap houses and the like, it might work.

Other than that, no.

1 hour ago, hillievonb said:

I think it might be possible to turn some of the wrecks and abandoned homes into barely livable homes with some exterior mapping to fix windows and doors and patch holes. Of course then someone would buy them and try to map the inside into a modern penthouse but for really really grungy trap houses and the like, it might work.

This was attempted/requested before, but this was rejected or not possible.

Honestly? This mod looks like someone ripped Paleto Bay and a few GTA: San Andreas buildings and copy-pasted them in Sandy. Doesn't really fit the theme that's going in on in Sandy Shores, as someone mentioned before. It's a great contrast to the city, and it makes for a different experience from any other place. People tend to hang out outside of stores, trailers and even RVs, and that gives the town a completely different vibe that many people love.

As someone who has RPed in Sandy for about a year, I'd say it just fine as it is. If some of the rundown places could be replaced to turn them into livable ones, perhaps the motel ruins, and even if they are essentially shitty outside and inside, that'd be great, but I don't think this mod is the way to go.

• Thanks 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic