Geographical placement of gangs.

Rushing

1 minute ago, Midwest said:

Not to diss the creator but this topic is dumb as fuck. Gangs are everywhere lol

Yeah, ik they are. I'm asking for people's opinions on it, because I've seen comments such as:
ok.PNG

I wanted to see their reasoning behind it.

Just now, Rushing said:

Yeah, ik they are. I'm asking for people's opinions on it, because I've seen comments such as:
ok.PNG

I wanted to see their reasoning behind it.

Yeah comments like that are super stupid and show little understanding for how gangs propagate or are created. There's literal gangs in the middle of bum fuck nowhere areas of states with more cows than people.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Rushing said:

Examples?

Some areas of Vespucci, specifically the Canals for example, some areas of Mirror Park. If you look at the map you just posted, there is plenty of territory in the equivalent areas that isn't claimed.

Like, if someone wants to set up a gang in Vespucci or some corner of Mirror Park, sure... but they can't just force people o accept their gang's backstory as continuity, or decide that "actually, this represents this specific gang-ridden area of Los Angeles". Because the other residents can also go "no, actually, this represents this specific area of Los Angeles that's just full of Karens". Los Santos isn't Los Angeles.

Gang placement isn't a problem on the server in my opinion, we've already established that since LA = LS per continuity management, that there's leeway in that regard. The issue is now how gangs in certain geographical locations act towards it's populace. THAT in my opinion is my issue. People need to understand that just because you're in a gang doesn't suddenly mean you throw your brain out the window when dealing with locals. 

Mirror Park is a prime example. It's okay to have a gang in this area. Roleplay around the fact that it's gentrified hipster paradise where cops and well off middle class folk live. Do not attempt to turn into South Central v2 because your gang couldn't be set up there because of the housing crisis the server has. It makes it a lot easier for people to deal with when you understand what you're doing if you make gangs in these areas. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rohan. locked this topic