Remove OOC limit of not being able to drive faction or government/police vehicles

thutl

While it may seem like a good idea, you need to keep in mind that in real life something like that would happen maybe once, twice or thrice every couple years. If the limit wasn't in place, it would happen on a daily basis here. I'd say there would have to be a line drawn somewhere in between healthy game balance and realism, so even if the OOC limits were to be removed, stealing govt cars would be heavily restricted to situations only when it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, KinnyWynny said:

i want 2 steal firetruck while firemen go 😪 and make cop man go ☠️ as i crush their cruiser under a five ton pumper truck

N then go 2 jail for 2 hours, come out and do it again

Jail time is a lot longer than 2 hours.

4 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

While it may seem like a good idea, you need to keep in mind that in real life something like that would happen maybe once, twice or thrice every couple years. If the limit wasn't in place, it would happen on a daily basis here. I'd say there would have to be a line drawn somewhere in between healthy game balance and realism, so even if the OOC limits were to be removed, stealing govt cars would be heavily restricted to situations only when it makes sense. 

It shouldn't even be considered right now. Stealing vehicles is a problem at the moment since 1.1. Vehicles can have their engines left running but unless you're in the car you have no way of knowing as they're not synced unless you're sitting in the drivers seat. 

No for the following reasons

• Server playerbase cant be trusted
  • Only 1% of people would use it appropriately if allowed, the other 99% would just troll
  • LEO's already try to avoid policing the server, I doubt they'd want to chase around Ben Dover and their friends for stealing their vehicle at a shooting scene

• Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...