Save the property market

cracked

27 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Are you kidding me? Why would I be punished for having a job, 14 days is way too short. I didn’t even know that was a thing, I’m basically at risk of losing all of my stuff the second I have a deployment or training. Thats absolutely beautiful, invaluable to keep your people engaged! 👏🏻

It's extremely unfair, but at the same time, it's a video game. IRL, nobody removes an apartment for this, but here, to keep people satisfied, it might occur that apartments are indeed taken. As a donator you have more immunity do it, but not permanent.

I understand your frustration. It's hard to constantly dedicated to it when you have a real life cycle around it, but it's made like that basically in most of the RP communities.

9 minutes ago, For Ever said:

It's extremely unfair, but at the same time, it's a video game. IRL, nobody removes an apartment for this, but here, to keep people satisfied, it might occur that apartments are indeed taken. As a donator you have more immunity do it, but not permanent.

I understand your frustration. It's hard to constantly dedicated to it when you have a real life cycle around it, but it's made like that basically in most of the RP communities.

I have one trailer on one character, literally a piece of shit. But pretty much you’re telling me to go fuck myself, that I shouldn’t have anything because I might be gone for longer than a month a few times a year. At the same time I’m also suppose to hand over my property (subject to human error) when this occurs to have a chance to retain it. Am I the only one who reads this and goes “this doesn’t make sense”? 

3 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I have one trailer on one character, literally a piece of shit. But pretty much you’re telling me to go fuck myself, that I shouldn’t have anything because I might be gone for longer than a month a few times a year. At the same time I’m also suppose to hand over my property (subject to human error) when this occurs to have a chance to retain it. Am I the only one who reads this and goes “this doesn’t make sense”? 

No, you are not the only that goes "this doesn't make sense". I explained in fine detail why it does not make sense in an post before, the one you quoted initially and explained why it shouldn't be a thing and what could be a resolution for this to be fixed. Though, let's not make it a discussion here. You are not the only one and will not be the only one for a while that has a issue with the realism in this stuff, but yeah. I am not telling you to go fuck yourself, I am explaining. You take it as it is, but by no mean I want to disrespect you.

17 minutes ago, For Ever said:

No, you are not the only that goes "this doesn't make sense". I explained in fine detail why it does not make sense in an post before, the one you quoted initially and explained why it shouldn't be a thing and what could be a resolution for this to be fixed. Though, let's not make it a discussion here. You are not the only one and will not be the only one for a while that has a issue with the realism in this stuff, but yeah. I am not telling you to go fuck yourself, I am explaining. You take it as it is, but by no mean I want to disrespect you.

114 words in 1: yes. It’s a figure of speech, the system is dumb and should change. 

Edited by eTaylor
  • Applaud 1

This is..ridiculous. Nobody needs to provide you a screenshot of their properties lmao.

First of all, seven days is way too short for most people who have actual lives. On top of that, sometimes random important life events happen and players might be unable to request an leave of absence as well. The current "inactivity times" are just fine. I don't even believe people logging in to keep properties is even an issue here. Your tax solution is messy and OOC taxes are a massive no-no here. Taxes are not going to make people immediately sell their properties either.

This entire post is just extremely messy and you're assuming everybody is a property hoarder, but I think a completely valid reason here is that...what if people actually live in most of these homes? GTA:W has grown a lot, and the new property rules were implemented because this growth was expected. I haven't been super up-to-date on how many homes PM is adding every day, but I imagine it's been a minute, and there might be a few handfuls of buildings in Los Santos that aren't scripted in yet. Is it possible that only very few players are hoarding properties, and the majority are owned by people actually roleplaying, considering that GTAW has doubled it's average population in the past year? 

I think the real solution here is for PM to do what they can, checking homes for players who do log in the minimum amount to keep the property. For players to keep their eyes open and report characters that have unrealistic properties, like rich people owning apartments in Davis and Strawberry.  Or keeping their eyes open for people who they even suspect might be logging in the minimum amount for properties. Attacking players and putting the responsibility on them is not gonna work, working with PM and doing what we can is what will work.

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat related, but if you look at the map of available properties, the same ones are constantly available for sale:  the overpriced multiroom apartments like 3402 Magellan Ave and Weazel Plaza.  Seems like nobody wants to pay 200k and more for these, so how about a market price reduction?  ICly if these apartments remained empty so long, the owner would reduce the price to get it sold.

Also, it would hugely help the property market if motel rooms were private.  It doesn't make any sense that you can rent a place but then other people can also rent it.  I know there are probably technical issues there but it would be worth doing something to change it.  ICly paying for motels suits one of my characters perfectly but it's just not practical to use it when randoms can wander in and out and start some dumb argument about "this place is mine".

Edited by Paenymion

As a guy who owned 2 houses at a point, I usually just sell the extra one I have back to the community, be it in my friend's group who really wants one or anything. All the properties I owned aren't extravagant.

But some people go way far from owning 7 businesses, 2 houses, apartments from the server. Just nah man. stop that shit lol 

Just now, Limes said:

As a guy who owned 2 houses at a point, I usually just sell the extra one I have back to the community, be it in my friend's group who really wants one or anything. All the properties I owned aren't extravagant.

But some people go way far from owning 7 businesses, 2 houses, apartments from the server. Just nah man. stop that shit lol 

Sadly, not everyone thinks like this.

There should be limit on how many properties you can own. I don't think the property hoarders are the number one problem here.

Gtaw has a big playerbase and everyone wants to live in a nice house/apartment. Sadly the map just doesn't have enough of those so it becomes are simple matter of supply and demand. It's only natural for properties to go up in value because there is just so much demand for them. 

I totally understand players who dont want to sell their place in the county or a nice apartment in Los Santos because the chance of being able to buy something similar back one day is small. I had a house in the county and i sold it because I stopped playing gtaw for a while. I regret selling it because there is now no way for me to buy a house in the county unless I happen to know someone who has one and who is willing to sell it to me. 

Maybe houses in paleto and around Sandy should not be sold player to player anymore but rather become something people have to apply for.

Edited by dionkoffie
31 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

Maybe houses in paleto and around Sandy should not be sold player to player anymore but rather become something people have to apply for.

This. It's kinda ridiculous that people who mainly RP in the city own a Paleto house as a 'weekend home', while also owning penthouses or houses in the city.