The State of Robbery RP: Low effort, High gains

10 minutes ago, EffPee said:

People decide to half-heartedly roleplay robberies because they're desperate for money and weapons. They're desperate for money and weapons because illegal roleplayers, primarily gangbangers, are left with barely any options to actually organically make an income and purchase weapons.

[...]

I would imagine a thread that tackles the issue head-on would at least keep you composed for at least five pages, clearly not. I suggest you use the months of substance in your Forum Activity to give a genuine response to this issue, rather than whining and complaining about the same issue consistently.

Maybe the game isn't about money and weapons, and instead about the friends we made along the way - developing stories in diverse locales?

Nah, can't be - must be about the script items.

I've wasted quite enough time talking about this with people who clearly see nothing wrong with their mindset. Nothing will be accomplished here because one side of the debate doesn't want anything to be accomplished short of getting what they want from pitching a conniption fit. If they don't get it? By god, the robberies will continue until morale improves.

You and others couldn't give a rat's ass what your fellow players think. It's all about the script items. Your entire post is either throwing shade or telling us how badly you need script items and assets. For what? Farming more script items and assets? Will your gangster RP finally reach its apex when you can afford a helicopter and every legal RPer bows to your drip when you drive-by an entire police precinct?

The robberies aren't the core issue. The toxic players who continually harass the players not in their clique are the issue.

At least the blue haired mallrat lesbians don't hold people up on the street and force them into homosexual relationships.

Edited by Smilesville
Just now, ChromaticDeath said:

Once again, an Us Vs. Them strawman fallacy. "I don't understand the victim mentality legal roleplayers have, tailored to your desires not ours." This is a roleplay server. The name of the game is Grand Theft Auto. Not all legal characters go to bars and ERP. Not all legal characters have it easy. Hell. Shockingly? People roleplay homeless characters. You have the worst take on a genuine concern topic I have ever, ever seen. Needlessly toxic and vitriolic with no real rhyme or reason to be. If you want "legal roleplayers" to respect you and roleplay with you and staff to take you seriously, maybe the first step is to not sling crap toward "them" and act like just because they have a character slot that doesn't do crime means they have no grasp of the concept. Chill out and take a break until you're of level head enough to post on a gen discussion topic without having an aneurysm.

I really couldn’t care less if you respect me or not, I’m speaking because the majority of illegal roleplayers are tired of all this victimhood. I’ve genuinely had more bad encounters with legal roleplayers than good ones during robberies, often times they’ll simply run away, or try to drive away, then go and make threads like this about how robbery rp is bad but won’t give any way to actually fix it so it benefits both sides. 

2 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Maybe the game isn't about money and weapons, and instead about the friends we made along the way - developing stories in diverse locales?

I've wasted quite enough time talking about this with people who clearly see nothing wrong with their mindset. Nothing will be accomplished here because one side of the debate doesn't want anything to be accomplished short of getting what they want from pitching a conniption fit. If they don't get it? By god, the robberies will continue until morale improves.

You and others couldn't give a rat's ass what your fellow players think. It's all about the script items. Your entire post is either throwing shade or telling us how badly you need script items and assets. For what? Farming more script items and assets? Will your gangster RP finally reach its apex when you can afford a helicopter and every legal RPer bows to your drip when you drive-by an entire precinct?

The robberies aren't the issue. The toxic players who continually harass the players not in their clique are the issue.

At least the blue haired mallrat lesbians don't hold people up on the street and force them into homosexual relationships.

654A7E97-97EA-4B96-887F-4EBEB2047F93.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

I really couldn’t care less if you respect me or not, I’m speaking because the majority of illegal roleplayers are tired of all this victimhood. I’ve genuinely had more bad encounters with legal roleplayers than good ones during robberies, often times they’ll simply run away, or try to drive away, then go and make threads like this about how robbery rp is bad but won’t give any way to actually fix it so it benefits both sides. 

You don't represent the "majority of illegal roleplayers". Most of them care about roleplay and not monetary gain. 

Edited by Raicyk

I'm fine with being robbed as a rule, but it seems ridiculous to be mugged in Del Perro Pier by a group of four guys in masks, with four guns.

Robbers tend to go four deep or even in pairs of motorcycles to rob normal civilians and ensure their success, and every time it happens it seems excessive:

You get four people spamming your chat with 4 different mask names making demands while you're literally in the middle of a place that's a tourist attraction. And yeah yeah, report it, whatever, but I literally just dont have the energy to go back and forth on the forums with how obnoxiously aggressive some members of the community are.

Take my wallet and take my phone, but don't ask me to take pity that you dont have enough gun suppliers when you use every single mechanic to ensure you get what you want by using a disproportionate level of force and manpower to steal a wallet and hope for a PF.

Edited by Koko

robbery rp is a-ok just don't be retarded when you do it

it doesn't help that a lot of illegal roleplayers are dumb foreigners who have no clue how robberies play out in the united states

just don't be retarded, simple

that's both for legal and illegal players

ez

• Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

Did you even read the OP? Did you even read the OP at all? Like, whatsoever? I don't think you did. I did outline how it would make it better for both sides on the last paragraph. You don't speak for the illegal community and I'm pretty sure a good portion of said illegal community wouldn't take kindly to their representative coming in here so toxic and filled with so much hate. Stop replying, you've embarrassed yourself enough.

10 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

You and others couldn't give a rat's ass what your fellow players think. It's all about the script items. Your entire post is either throwing shade or telling us how badly you need script items and assets. For what? Farming more script items and assets? Will your gangster RP finally reach its apex when you can afford a helicopter and every legal RPer bows to your drip when you drive-by an entire police precinct?

The robberies aren't the core issue. The toxic players who continually harass the players not in their clique are the issue.

Calm down bud.

You can develop stories and characters while ALSO expecting some sort of scriptwise gain, did you ever consider this?

If you feel you've wasted enough time then I beg of you, for the love of god, please stop participating. I'm willing to have a genuine discussion with people about why robberies are poorly roleplayed and how this can be treated, your only arguments always end up talking about how illegal roleplayers want no change unless it benefits them, and illegal roleplayers don't care about their victims, and illegal roleplayers are shit rpers with no care in the world. 

I promise you bro, we get it. You don't like illegal roleplayers.

I do care about what others think, I shouldn't have to prove to you that I would partake in a robbery for the roleplay/development AS WELL AS the script items I am well within my right to hope to gain.

A gang member needs weapons to use when they get into conflict with their rivals. A person needs money to pay for rent, buy a car, keep their family in a nice position. I don't want to buy a helicopter, that's not realistic for my character. I don't want legal roleplayers to bow down to me, stop trying to drive a wedge between illegal and legal roleplayers, it helps no one and you simply need to grow up.

I'm not harassing anyone, I'm just tired of reading the same old arguments from you in which I have never seen an actual constructive justification behind it OR a way to fix the issues you so very dearly have a hatred for.

"The robberies aren't the core issue. The toxic players who continually harass the players not in their clique are the issue."

I won't put the time in to find every instance of you harassing players that are not in your clique (illegal roleplayers) but you really need to take a long hard look in the mirror and realise that's 90% of what you do.  Never once have you had a constructive opinion that would benefit everyone, you want illegal roleplayers to have even less rights and you want legal roleplayers to have some form of protective dome from illegal roleplayers.

Edited by EffPee
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, EffPee said:

Calm down bud.

You can develop stories and characters while ALSO expecting some sort of scriptwise gain, did you ever consider this?

If you feel you've wasted enough time then I beg of you, for the love of god, please stop participating. I'm willing to have a genuine discussion with people about why robberies are poorly roleplayed and how this can be treated, your only arguments always end up talking about how illegal roleplayers want no change unless it benefits them, and illegal roleplayers don't care about their victims, and illegal roleplayers are shit rpers with no care in the world. 

I promise you bro, we get it. You don't like illegal roleplayers.

I do care about what others think, I shouldn't have to prove to you that I would partake in a robbery for the roleplay/development AS WELL AS the script items I am well within my right to hope to gain.

A gang member needs weapons to use when they get into conflict with their rivals. A person needs money to pay for rent, buy a car, keep their family in a nice position. I don't want to buy a helicopter, that's not realistic for my character. I don't want legal roleplayers to bow down to me, stop trying to drive a wedge between illegal and legal roleplayers, it helps no one and you simply need to grow up.

I'm not harassing anyone, I'm just tired of reading the same old arguments from you in which I have never seen an actual constructive justification behind it OR a way to fix the issues you so very dearly have a hatred for.

wipe your mouth man because you're spitting facts

Just now, EffPee said:

I never took issue with people wanting the script items themselves, I only personally saw a problem in how people roleplay going about getting them. It's robotic- devoid of emotion, devoid of any humanity, just a figure in all black with a gun, shouting to put hands up, and dropping a very generalized emote of grabbing stuff. I'd love it if more people would put effort into that roleplay. You catch a character off guard completely, do the RP accordingly? By all means, take their gun, some money, whatever. But as I stated the current status quo is to not bother with the roleplay itself, and focus on securing the bag- being those script items some are so desperate to acquire. Items are good for roleplay but are not necessary and shouldn't be the end-all-be-all focus of someone's grind. Of course people commit robberies for gain- no question nor issues about that. Just the execution.

• mj2002 locked this topic