The State of Robbery RP: Low effort, High gains

Just now, Stiggz said:

If you guys quit the massive orgies and street races and took time to get involved in an illegal faction you would understand how big of a pain in the ass it is to get things that are beneficial for illegal roleplay, like guns and money. People don’t buy drugs, and there aren’t enough gun suppliers on the server. Stop saying “ITS POOR RP TO NEED ITEMS” until you know what you’re even talking about. 

This isn't an Us vs. Them and you're taking what was very explicitly worded as "not all robbers" and then making a broad, general statement about every single legal roleplayer like they are all the same. Believe it or not, people have alt characters. In fact, I have five alt characters and two of those are criminal, one of whom is involved in drug and gun sales. Don't just assume someone doesn't know because they have a legal character. Don't make this a "them or us" situation. It's not. The fact you have this mindset is troubling, and the fact you went out of your way to paint every single one of the over three to four thousand total active legal characters on this server as 'street racers' and people who attend orgies puts a knot in my stomach because I know you're not the only one with this completely backward view on RP.

6 minutes ago, EffPee said:

25 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

If you don’t wanna be robbed tell staff to make it easier for illegal roleplayers to get firearms and money, until then you’re shit out of luck, and so are we. 

While I don't wholly agree with this statement, it's pretty much hit the nail on the head.

"I don't want to be seen agreeing with this, but I agree with this."

This is why we can't have nice things.

6 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

If you guys quit the massive orgies and street races and took time to get involved in an illegal faction you would understand how big of a pain in the ass it is to get things that are beneficial for illegal roleplay, like guns and money. People don’t buy drugs, and there aren’t enough gun suppliers on the server. Stop saying “ITS POOR RP TO NEED ITEMS” until you know what you’re even talking about. 

"Everyone who doesn't give me what I want is a blue-haired mallrat lesbian."

31 minutes ago, ChromaticDeath said:

And this in turn, makes legal RPers assume every single robbery will be of this same quality, promoting a toxic environment where neither side wants to roleplay and both want to get it over with as fast as possible.

Since when do players get to decide what should be roleplayed or not?

If you dislike how a roleplay situation turns out, let it play out; lose the 5 minutes it takes to get robbed, lose your items and report it. If the robber genuinely did something wrong, I'm sure they'd get punished.

These are your options when a poorly roleplayed robbery ensues:

- Let it play out, report after.

- Don't let it play out, go straight to /b and let the robber know you're waiting on an admin and wait around for the admin.

What you SHOULDN'T do:

- Go into /b whining and stalling roleplay.

- Just ignore the roleplay and stall even more.

3 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

"Everyone who doesn't give me what I want is a blue-haired mallrat lesbian."

actin snarky n dropping one liners aint helping nobody my boy.

Just now, Smilesville said:

You really thought you did something. Grow up.

I don't agree with the entire sentiment and the toxic attitude Stiggz has around the issue, but it shows off the systemic issue we have here. People decide to half-heartedly roleplay robberies because they're desperate for money and weapons. They're desperate for money and weapons because illegal roleplayers, primarily gangbangers, are left with barely any options to actually organically make an income and purchase weapons.

So as I say, I agree that this issue partly stems from illegal roleplayers not being provided with enough opportunities to make a scriptwise gain. I don't agree that people should be roleplaying robberies poorly, I don't agree that it's entirely the reason behind it. Read my messages instead of going on tirades to push your anti-robbery agenda even more.

I would imagine a thread that tackles the issue head-on would at least keep you composed for at least five pages, clearly not. I suggest you use the months of substance in your Forum Activity to give a genuine response to this issue, rather than whining and complaining about the same issue consistently.

I really don’t understand this victim mentality legal roleplayers have, the entire server is suited to your desires, not ours. You have literally the easiest job you can possibly have, go to bars and erp. Once again, if you illegal roleplayed you would get it. 

• Upvote 1

I'll be honest, I've been very fortunate in that /most/ of my robbery encounters, have been with decent RPers. But, I'm very well aware that there are a lot of questionable people out there, and I do believe that a higher degree of oversight, or at least some increased punishments for people found to be below the RP standards, need to be implemented.

I've had a few incidents that were questionable, but that weren't really worth my time reporting - which isn't an attitude I should probably be adopting. But yeah, 100% - there's some serious issues with how things are sometimes carried out. But again, I'd point out - there's a lot of good people who partake in this kind of RP. I'll never get over some of the amazing encounters I've had with criminals, when I pre-offer my cash, and they realize that this isn't my character's first rodeo. They've been beautiful and hilarious.

So I don't think the rules need changing - I think their enforcement does. And that mostly starts with players, just taking a more aggressive state on reporting. If you don't act, nothing'll ever happen. It's a player-based issue, I feel like.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
39 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

If you don’t wanna be robbed tell staff to make it easier for illegal roleplayers to get firearms and money

Is this a joke? This server has way more guns than it should.

Also "I am going to rob this person because they're probably armed'' sounds like OOC logic, not IC logic. Why would anyone sane want to rob an armed person? Sounds like you just want a gun OOC.

Edited by arandomgamer
12 minutes ago, Stiggz said:

I really don’t understand this victim mentality legal roleplayers have, the entire server is suited to your desires, not ours. You have literally the easiest job you can possibly have, go to bars and erp. Once again, if you illegal roleplayed you would get it. 

Once again, an Us Vs. Them strawman fallacy. "I don't understand the victim mentality legal roleplayers have, tailored to your desires not ours." This is a roleplay server. The name of the game is Grand Theft Auto. Not all legal characters go to bars and ERP. Not all legal characters have it easy. Hell. Shockingly? People roleplay homeless characters. You have the worst take on a genuine concern topic I have ever, ever seen. Needlessly toxic and vitriolic with no real rhyme or reason to be. If you want "legal roleplayers" to respect you and roleplay with you and staff to take you seriously, maybe the first step is to not sling crap toward "them" and act like just because they have a character slot that doesn't do crime means they have no grasp of the concept. Chill out and take a break until you're of level head enough to post on a gen discussion topic without having an aneurysm.

11 minutes ago, EffPee said:

Of my robberies I've been involved in, not once have I been the initiator to take it to /b, it has always been the approaching party. However, you make some good points, people do need to be more vigilant about reporting, but most people get so overwhelmed with having guns pointed in their character's face and being assaulted with /pms and /mes and /b that they don't even think of it. The problem lies in there being no rules against simply not emoting putting someone at gunpoint, and no specific rules about RP quality during a robbery. /me pats around waist and coat is perfectly fine, because there are no rules saying it is not. It's a systemic issue like you said- I appreciate the response and the difference in the opinion, discourse is what these threads are for anyway, right? 

Edited by ChromaticDeath
  • Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic