Enforce CK Applications on careless drivers and people involved in shoot-outs

OneEightSeven

3 hours ago, Stiggz said:

It’s rarely ever “a known gang member” honestly, I think they’ll search you if your character is black or Hispanic. You can claim it’s realistic but it really isn’t. 

I'm sorry to be a dick too but usually cops even irl know from a distance if you hide something or not, and that's not metagaming. They could pull you over and search maybe because your vehicle is connected to something or they search the owner or something and find out you have a past criminal record. There's many reasons a cop can search you and not always is MG or some sort like that. If you feel like someone is breaking rules just report them to the admins and make sure to have evidences.

3 hours ago, Stiggz said:

It’s rarely ever “a known gang member” honestly, I think they’ll search you if your character is black or Hispanic. You can claim it’s realistic but it really isn’t. 

How the hell is a police department closely emulating the LAPD not realistic for racially profiling suspects? You honestly can't be serious...

1 hour ago, Stiggz said:

About 4.9 million Hispanic people live in LA, are you telling me the police stop and search all of them?

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-lapd-searches-20190605-story.html

Racial profiling could be suspecting a man or woman are in a gang/committing crimes because they're Latino and Latino people in the area of this hypothetical situation are normally committing crimes.

Is it fair? No. Is it right? Fuck no, but that's just how it works in real life and that's what the SD and PD are emulating.

la-me-lapd-traffic-stop-searches-2.jpg

racial-gaps-found-in-search-rates-across

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
7 hours ago, Stiggz said:

About 4.9 million Hispanic people live in LA, are you telling me the police stop and search all of them?

Could you explain exactly what you mean? What’s not realistic about the police searches being done in game? I’m an illegal roleplayer and I’ve honestly never experienced a search like that (been searched plenty of times). 

On 2/17/2021 at 1:24 AM, SpritDodo said:

So what you are saying is that let's not support CK for people that die doing what they want to do and if you are a criminal or a cop that dies in action, fuck it. Tomorrow's another day and I'll go back to work as a cop or a criminal. You understand that this is lame right? PK  should be used for example if you die unintentionally because you were just passing by a shootout or some sort. Not that if you fuck something up you respawn and go back doing the same thing you were doing. At least this is my opinion. I know I make things a bit extreme but in MY OPINION (keep it in mind) this is how things should work.

You realise this would mean cops and gang roleplayers would have to reroll a new character every few weeks right? They'd just stop playing this and you'd have no cops to respond to crimes or accidents cause no one wants to invest in a character only for it to be CKed for doing their job.

6 minutes ago, arandomgamer said:

You realise this would mean cops and gang roleplayers would have to reroll a new character every few weeks right? They'd just stop playing this and you'd have no cops to respond to crimes or accidents cause no one wants to invest in a character only for it to be CKed for doing their job.

To add to the above, imo the problem with the “permanent death” or one life rule systems is that our server, and in general most servers within the same category don’t use that system. We have nothing to support it at mass and things aren’t designed around it. For a lot of people it’s just too extreme, and often doesn’t fit the roleplay we have here. One life servers are notoriously unpopular and have a different setup, they also tend to have very different roleplay because of that. This isn’t that kind of place, people don’t come here for that. It’s a niche, a niche anyone can practice here. But it’s another story when they niche tries to force it’s way onto other people. Everyone should always keep in mind that this is a large server providing for a plethora of play styles and forms. That’s how it attracts and retains so many people. It’s okay to be different and do things your way, just don’t forget that your way isn’t the only way. 

On 2/16/2021 at 10:01 AM, .Pluto. said:

Do you understand that illegal roleplay wouldn't exist if every death is a CK? It's really hard to be in illegal roleplay and to do "one life" character. Forcing people to CK isn't something that will ever happen. You have a good reason to wipe someone's character from the face of earth? CK application. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, eTaylor said:

Could you explain exactly what you mean? What’s not realistic about the police searches being done in game? I’m an illegal roleplayer and I’ve honestly never experienced a search like that (been searched plenty of times). 

Which part of illegal rp exactly are you from?